sky multiroom ?

Found 24th Nov 2009
currently got sky at the moment in the front room just a basic box

was looking to get sky in the bedroom

if i got my self a box second hand and then got sky to come and install it along with a second line from the communal aerial disk would i still have to be the £49 + setup cost

or would i just be the installation?

Also am i reading this right multi room is £10 per month

so it would be box 1 £10 box 2 £10 = £20 a month for multi room

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
9 Comments

I have sky multi room.

Firstly: The £49 is for the extra box (or at least that is my understanding) and the setup cost is around £40. But, talk to Sky because I got the box and installation for around £50 I think.

Secondly: You carry on paying your normal subscription (whatever that cost is) and they just add an extra £10 per month for the extra box. Incidentally, the second box is only able to pick up channels that your first box is subscribed to. For example, if you don't have sky sports on box 1 you wont on box 2.

Hope that helps

I run my sky to all my rooms just off the normal areial cable , but you cant change channals only in the main room where the box is but it costs me nothing :-D

Original Poster

we have entertainment mix and would need cartoon network ect as my we girl likes that channels

and we would have to get a second line installed from the communal disk as we have been granted permission just need it installed

OP we wanted another sky plus put into the second bedroom. i know this is a bit sneaky but we called sky and pressed the option to leave sky. Told the operator that we were leaving as virgin would install and give us box free bla bla...............and they said as we had been such a good customer would do the same for us!

def worth a try!

renown;6994152

I run my sky to all my rooms just off the normal areial cable , but you … I run my sky to all my rooms just off the normal areial cable , but you cant change channals only in the main room where the box is but it costs me nothing :-D

i bought a sky eye and i can change channels in the other room

eg, here's one on ebay for 3.99

Sky wont install a second hand box. secondly you'd need to get in touch with communal dish dept. who will put you in touch with authorised installer in area to see about having second feed installed - if possible. If you can get second feed installed then you would just run short satellite cable from socket on wall to second box.

Doubt you would be able to have second feed as not many are capable..... depends on how many flats share the communal dish. If its only 2-4 sharing then wont be a problem.

If this is the case; then you would only be able to use a "dstacker" which is simply a splitter..... these work not too bad, but sky do not support or supply them.

Sorry for long post...... but hope this info helps.

evolution07;6994632

Sky wont install a second hand box. secondly you'd need to get in touch … Sky wont install a second hand box. secondly you'd need to get in touch with communal dish dept. who will put you in touch with authorised installer in area to see about having second feed installed - if possible. If you can get second feed installed then you would just run short satellite cable from socket on wall to second box.Doubt you would be able to have second feed as not many are capable..... depends on how many flats share the communal dish. If its only 2-4 sharing then wont be a problem. If this is the case; then you would only be able to use a "dstacker" which is simply a splitter..... these work not too bad, but sky do not support or supply them.Sorry for long post...... but hope this info helps.

actually they will install a second hand box! My sister got one of my parents old boxes when they switched to virgin,and she just paid for the installation.

You will also need permission from the Management company of your flats.

bossyboots;6994873

actually they will install a second hand box! My sister got one of my … actually they will install a second hand box! My sister got one of my parents old boxes when they switched to virgin,and she just paid for the installation.

Officially they wont, depends on what you say to the operator.
Post a comment
@
    Text