Groups

Sky+ Multiroom.

I have Sky+ downstairs in the lounge but want it in my bedroom without paying, I already have normal sky upstairs.

Is there any way of doing this?

Mucho rep will be awarded.

Thanks.

9 Comments

Sky TV Link

Original Poster

Can I not just buy a Sky+ box and replace my normal box?

Thanks.

Do you want to swap the Sky+ with the normal Sky Receiver, room for room?

Or do you want to use the Sky+ Receiver in the bedroom and another Sky+ one in the living room?

You would need to pay sky £10 per month for a card that will activate your sky plus upstairs and mirror the package you have on your main sky box... You will also need to run another cable from your dish for the sky plus box in your bedroom...
    Thats if you want sky plus in your bedroom and downstairs...

paul_doh;7837633

Can I not just buy a Sky+ box and replace my normal box?Thanks.

You can, but it will not function as a Sky+ Receiver without a subscription of £10 a month to Sky.

Original Poster

No worries thanks for your help guys, appreciate it.

you will also have the problem that a normal sky box only has one feed from the dish whereas sky + needs 2
    if you already have multi room you shouldn't need to pay a higher subscription to have 2 sky + dishes
    but you will need to buy a box and get the other cable connected

Ropster;7837745

if you already have multi room you shouldn't need to pay a higher … if you already have multi room you shouldn't need to pay a higher subscription to have 2 sky + dishes

What are you talking about?

" 2 Sky+ Dishes "

Only one dish required, a second Sky+ requires a subscription to Sky for it to function as a Sky+ Receiver.

i meant boxes, not dishes
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      4. Sad news about Barcelona26113

See more discussions