Found 18th Mar 2011
As i have mentioned before, when i moved in the property there was Sky set up in my bedroom and the living room.Anyway i purchased a sky staff code for the half price everything for 12 months.

I went for multi room in both kids bedrooms and obviously in the lounge.So the question is when the install guy comes out sunday and sets everything up i wonder if he will disconnect my bedroom?? Should i ask him to kindly leave it as it was already at the property.

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
12 Comments

You won't have a free slot. Because your main room will have 2 cables going to it and then the the kids rooms will have one each. The installation guy will use a quad LNB which consists of 4 slots.

Original Poster

Oh yes never thought of that.Gutted to be honest was hoping i'd have the extra room as a freeview....Im hoping he's a young guy who will just say yh i'll leave that in for you?!!!!

It won't happen unless he installs another dish. They usually remove the old one.

Original Poster

Oh well thanks anyway! X

MarzBarz

It won't happen unless he installs another dish. They usually remove the … It won't happen unless he installs another dish. They usually remove the old one.

Completely incorrect; ask the engineer nicely to leave it there for you. Most of them will do this as it is more work to pull a cable away. Hopefully he will be carrying an octo LNB - which as the name suggests 8 outputs. 2 for main box if sky+HD and 1 each for bedrooms, and 1 for your existing cable; so leaves 3 spare for future use.

Also an engineer will not remove an existing dish as that responsibility is up to the owner/tenant. He will however use the existing dish and upgrade as necessary.

How? They use quad lnbs. your comPletely incorrect they have a chance to lose their job if they install something Which they haven't been instructed to.

evolution07

Completely incorrect; ask the engineer nicely to leave it there for you. … Completely incorrect; ask the engineer nicely to leave it there for you. Most of them will do this as it is more work to pull a cable away. Hopefully he will be carrying an octo LNB - which as the name suggests 8 outputs. 2 for main box if sky+HD and 1 each for bedrooms, and 1 for your existing cable; so leaves 3 spare for future use.Also an engineer will not remove an existing dish as that responsibility is up to the owner/tenant. He will however use the existing dish and upgrade as necessary.

when i had sky put in when i moved house they put a new dish up and took the old dish down

MarzBarz

How? They use quad lnbs. your comPletely incorrect they have a chance to … How? They use quad lnbs. your comPletely incorrect they have a chance to lose their job if they install something Which they haven't been instructed to.

They have more of a chance in losing their job if the uninstall something the customer already had. Believe me I work for the Company. I guarantee they use Octo LNB's, mainly they use Quads; but if it is required to keep existing equipment installed then they will use an Octo - no skin off there nose a Sky engineer doesn't pay for their equipment.
Edited by: "evolution07" 22nd Mar 2011

Peterdj41

when i had sky put in when i moved house they put a new dish up and took … when i had sky put in when i moved house they put a new dish up and took the old dish down

You obviously had a good kind engineer, they don't have to take it down and take away.

I have a small dish with a quad and a larger dish with an octo lnb, i did install them myself though.

Sky won't want to remove a potential subscription so you could always ring and ask if the installer could do an octo or wait until he arrives and chance your luck he has one in the van.

Original Poster

Just to let you know the guy did leave the sky in our room.He did say something about a larger LNB and they are expensive so i was lucky he had one in the van as they dont hand them out lightly.

parisp

Just to let you know the guy did leave the sky in our room.He did say … Just to let you know the guy did leave the sky in our room.He did say something about a larger LNB and they are expensive so i was lucky he had one in the van as they dont hand them out lightly.

I got mine for £18 off ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas11
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project11
    3. Xbox one games with gold November!11
    4. Help please11

See more discussions