Groups

SKY Multiroom HELP please...

Hi, I have Sky in mu lounge (HD+) and Sky in my bedroom (standard box). However, I would now like Sky in the dining room so my lovely boyfriend can watch the football alone! However, I've been on the Sky website and they want to charge me a fortunate for installation and the box. Therefore, do I have any other options? I've heard about Magic Eyes, but don't really understand them. Please help...? x

5 Comments

not 100% sure but think the magic eye only lets you view same channel as the sky box is on on a different tv if that makes sense

Magic eye only allows what is being watched on the main box. Do you have sky broadband by ant chance? If so you could make use of the Sky Player it's free to watch live TV if you have multi room already or sky's top broadband offering. Otherwise it's £10 a month.
    You could also get Joe Bloggs TV services to fit another cable from your dish (providing your LNB has a spare port) and buy a 2nd box from ebay or summit. Just re-reading looks as though you already have multi room, make him watch it on his laptop.

Banned

As above, tell him to use sky player or you use it.

You could run a regular aerial cable from the back of your SKY box in your lounge to the tv in the dining room. That way he'll see what ever SKY channel is tuned into in the lounge. You could then just watch regular TV in the lounge using your TV's built tuner whilst the footy is on.

Edited by: "bigflump" 7th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thank you everyone! Someone is coming round to move my upstairs box and sort out Sky Planner. Thank youxxxxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions