Groups

Sky & NOWTV viewers might lose 12 Discovery owned channels next week!

Basically Sky pay Discovery less now then they did 10 years ago despite subscription rises and Discovery investing more in programming.

Best watch all your recordings before the end of the month if you have any!

Q: What is the situation between Sky and Discovery?

A: Sky and NOW TV households in the UK and Ireland could lose all of Discovery’s much-loved channels and programmes after 31st January.

We are committed to finding a solution with Sky in order to keep bringing you the channels you love.

Q: Which channels are affected?

A: 12 channels of our channels are affected. They are; Discovery Channel, TLC, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, DMAX, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Shed, Discovery Science, Discovery History and Home & Health.

66 Comments

darn it I'll miss discovery shed.. wonder if I could just stare at my shed to ease the pain?

Can we have our cricket back as well please ?

I wonder if that would constitute a legitimate reason to break contract early?

Eurosport will be a big loss if you like the motorbikes, glad I'm not on sky anymore.

Even less reason to actually pay for tv

Deadliest catch!??when it comes back...
    Where can I watch, virgin?

Signed up to another 12 month contract in december and wonder if the subscription price will be falling even though i'm already on a discounted package.
    Edited by: "moneysavingkitten" 25th Jan

Oneday77

I wonder if that would constitute a legitimate reason to break contract … I wonder if that would constitute a legitimate reason to break contract early?

​i would also like to know this. as I want out of my sky contract

Fic

Signed up to another 12 month contract in december and wonder if the … Signed up to another 12 month contract in december and wonder if the subscription price will be falling even though i'm already on a discounted package.

Sky will never reduce subscription if you are in a contract, i cant wait till my contract is finished in April.

No matter what price they give I am never getting in a contract with Sky ever again.

Does this mean Virgin will continue getting those channels?, if so, big plus for Virgin

Banned

I have got to admit Discovery is no where near as good as it was 10 years ago.

Hardly ever watch the channels now.

I don't watch many channels on Sky but about half of those 12 are on my watch list, especially Eurosport when the bike racing is on. If they go I can probably count the number of other channels I watch on one hand, and will definitely cancel.

Time to cancel if this happens.

um.........not a deal......

Sky seem to have very deep pockets for football with no problem at all ?

Nope not a deal but a heads up to Sky watchers!

I can't even access discoveryuk.com & keepdiscovery.co.uk sites via Sky Broadband. Sky seems to block these sites.

Links work fine via my Lifemobile.

Original Poster

raj75

I can't even access http://www.discoveryuk.com & keepdiscovery.co.uk … I can't even access http://www.discoveryuk.com & keepdiscovery.co.uk sites via Sky Broadband. Sky seems to block these sites.Links work fine via my Lifemobile.

Have just clicked your link and it works fine for me - and I'm on sky broadband.

hasj2

Does this mean Virgin will continue getting those channels?, if so, big … Does this mean Virgin will continue getting those channels?, if so, big plus for Virgin

Good question. Does any body know the answer?

I'm guessing there is something in Sky contract T&Cs that prevents people using this as an excuse to cancel their package early?

No mention of this in there weekly TV up-date e-mail,keeping there customers well informed as ever.

Original Poster

SaintsfortheCup

Good question. Does any body know the answer?

See deeky's post no.16
    Edited by: "ThePasty" 26th Jan

I think a material change to a contract allows early exit without penalty. ofcom ruling.

Discovery is a load of sh*te now anyway.

Once was top class with proper documentaries but now full of repeats of scripted "reality" crap.

Only decent thing is mythbusters, ed stafford and naked and afraid.

Something I can definately live without but I hope Sky drop their premiums to compenastate. Doubt it though.

solonely

Sky seem to have very deep pockets for football with no problem at all ?

Not deep enough it seems or I wouldnt be paying BT to watch Champions League.
    Edited by: "callum84" 26th Jan

but will the hoffman crew make it?...

Nooooooo! Wheeler Dealers! :-(

and salvage hunters

What about all of the cycling on Eurosport

How it's made, food factory and how stuffs made....rip

lucky I've got 2x Tivo boxes too

time to cancel

So what are they relacing the channels with ?

dannyjones106

Nooooooo! Wheeler Dealers! :-(

not a bad thing if they go back to the full American way the first half of last season went, good they listened to the complaints for the second part but still not the same.

I will be cancelling if they lose these channels same teams on the sport and rubbish movies doubt if we will get a reduction in price even though they made a massive profit again

All because they paid too much for the footy.

when all the world watches all the services for free on kodi then yes the system must implode
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415914103
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1216
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213639
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …152363

See more discussions