Found 25th Jun 2010
We have just bought Sky again and I'm wondering what the situation with Sky on the Xbox is like? Do i have to pay extra? What is service like? Does anyone on here use it?

Cheers

6 Comments

Have to be a gold subscriber, but i rate it, good for watching in another room for sports.

yeah its good for watching. It depends on you sky package aswell as ya can only watch the channels from you subscription. I prefer to watch replays of tv shows on youtube nowadays. But not every1 will agree. depends what ya want to watch

I have it and it's great...works perfect except in the peak times where it goes a bit funny due to demand increase...good quality picture. I have a wifi connection on my 360 so it will work better if you have a Ethernet connection..

yeah thats true kwl147. mine is wifi aswell i don't know why like as my net box in right next to my xbox lol

You might also want to check what BB package you have through sky, If youre on sky connect BB then you,ve got no chance of watching/streaming anything at peak time as they throttle speeds to hell. im on connect and am unable to stream youtube or iplayer in the evening .

Original Poster

spobby;8917191

Have to be a gold subscriber, but i rate it, good for watching in another … Have to be a gold subscriber, but i rate it, good for watching in another room for sports.

Thanks for the great help

vicknanth;8917254

yeah its good for watching. It depends on you sky package aswell as ya … yeah its good for watching. It depends on you sky package aswell as ya can only watch the channels from you subscription. I prefer to watch replays of tv shows on youtube nowadays. But not every1 will agree. depends what ya want to watch

Mostly the comedy channels - Comedycentral essentially.

Can you watch the +1 shows on the Xbox? Or is it only a certain channels which is chosen by Sky?

kwl147;8917293

I have it and it's great...works perfect except in the peak times where … I have it and it's great...works perfect except in the peak times where it goes a bit funny due to demand increase...good quality picture. I have a wifi connection on my 360 so it will work better if you have a Ethernet connection..

I use wifi for my Xbox, and I use Talk Talk which I HATE! So slow, would this be a problem?

stevie1980;8917335

You might also want to check what BB package you have through sky, If … You might also want to check what BB package you have through sky, If youre on sky connect BB then you,ve got no chance of watching/streaming anything at peak time as they throttle speeds to hell. im on connect and am unable to stream youtube or iplayer in the evening .

I use Talk Talk, would this still work?

All help will be repped :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…45
    2. Looking for cheap genuine SDHC cards33
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code45
    4. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders11

See more discussions