Groups

Sky online chat always busy?

I am trying to get a better deal from Sky for my Tv package but the online chat is always busy is anyone else having the same problem?

11 Comments

Yes. constantly busy so they can avoid dealing with your complaint/issue/disconnection.

I wanted to do it because I wanted a written record of my disconnection. I tried for over a week checking the website hourly at work and not once did the live chat become available. My advice would be to install a call recording app on your phone and just call em up. But if you do, you are legally obliged to inform the other person you are recording their call. Legally speaking, you don't have to inform, but then you may only use the recording for your own private use as in you cannot then pass it to a 3rd party. I just usually start my conversation with "Hello, before we go further I have to tell you all my calls get recorded, is that ok?" I've had two sky people instantly hang up on me when I said it and then one professional lady who disconnected me without too much fuss.

I got through on Friday afternoon at about 4pm after a 10 min wait, they offered 20% off and I said I had seen people had been getting 40% off and would that be possible and they said yes and sorted it all out through sky chat

Get the MySky app, it has a kind of instant messenger on it, you can just send a message and you should get a reply in half an hour or so, much better than sitting on the website and refreshing

I found the same problem happening to me. I noticed they want you to call them regarding cancellation so they can lure you in oO can never get through on chat

Original Poster

marilyn378

I got through on Friday afternoon at about 4pm after a 10 min wait, they … I got through on Friday afternoon at about 4pm after a 10 min wait, they offered 20% off and I said I had seen people had been getting 40% off and would that be possible and they said yes and sorted it all out through sky chat

That's exactly what am after. How long was that deal for?

Wadda

Try 60% & £50 credit, half price line /broadband rental, thats what I got through chat about 4 weeks ago.

Great way to avoid complaints by having a Non working chat system.
    EasyJet have this down to a T also.

Wadda

18 months

I have found the exact same thing. Even asked their Twitter help account why it is never available. Looking at their tweets there, they spend most of the time on that bantering with people and trying to be funny. More worried about being comedians than helping punters.

Still unavailable. This is a joke. I don't want to ring as some slick advisor will try selling extras.

Why do they advertise a service if it is never available? I know why, because it makes them seem good. Con artists.

Original Poster

yeah I have been trying for a few days now and its always busy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Superdrug weekly deals11
      2. Large Chest of Drawers1012
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree67
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!22

See more discussions