Sky or BT or a mixture of both

Found 5th Apr
Hi everyone. About to move into a new property. Currently pay £99 for VIP package with Virgin media but they are not operating where the new house is.

Basically, I would like the top TV package, sky sports and BT sports, free calls anytime and 52mb Broadband (best I can get in the property). Would like additional box for another TV too.

So, do I go for BT (which I vowed I'd never do again) but with BT you can't have multiroom and Sky sports? Or do I go with Sky, but to get BT sports, it is a big additional cost?

Or phone, broadband and BT sport (only) with BT; and TV with multiroom and Sky sports (only) with Sky.
Would it be possible to have two tv players on one TV or would it be a pain to switch all the time?????

Or any other ideas????? Budget is up to £100 per month....

Thanks guys
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
Go SKY for ALL TV and multiiroom and then BT for broadband which gives you free sports on your sky box.

Thats what i do, costs me about £70 a month all in.

I only have the SKY Q 2TB box and play everything through that.

You will easy get everything you want for £75 a month
Edited by: "BMOLE" 5th Apr
Original Poster
that sounds good. would i need to select any of the bt tv packages to get this?
With all those tv channels to watch when do you get time to do anything else except get " tv eyes "
Original Poster
LOL. Better get off my laptop too then !!!!
Gosh I'm shocked......You find time to get on a lappy tooooo........your day must be many hours longer than us mere mortals....
Best for me is PlusNet for 35GB broadband , phone + all calls ( with BT Sport through the SKY box ) about £40 per month . Then SKY for Sky sports +Box sets +basic channels -just gone up to £31 a month (SKY+ box not Q ) .

PlusNet (owned by BT) have been excellent . Originally chose them for the cheap BT Sports (now £10.99 a month) but their service has been great . Did me a great renewal deal last year and when my router failed last month they couriered a new one to me that arrived within 24 hours free of charge .

I would always split these services where possible as you may have to go to the wire with a cancellation threat to get a new deal and you wouldn't want to lose everything at once if they won't bite .

As you will be a "new customer" you should get introductory deals and also a hefty chunk of cashback from TCB or Quidco .
Edited by: "rogparki" 5th Apr
mooruk8 h, 13 m ago

that sounds good. would i need to select any of the bt tv packages to get …that sounds good. would i need to select any of the bt tv packages to get this?

No.

You just need the broadband to qualify for free BT sport
Might have to pay a bit to get it on sky - £5 a month but the deal i got they waived that for 18 months.
Edited by: "BMOLE" 5th Apr
BT Sport on Sky without BT broadband is £25.99
BT Sport on Sky with BT broadband is £10.00
BT Sport on BT TV with BT broadband is £3.50

Prices above are standard prices, so you can get a discount but having BT broadband is the cheapest way for BT Sports.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants