Groups

Sky: order TV and broadband separately?

Hi, has anyone tried ordering Sky TV as a new customer, get the offer&TCB and a few minutes later order Sky broadband /phone as an existing customer and get offer & TCB?
    Any ideas if there's a chance of it working or do I need to wait to be setup before being able to order the broadband?
    Cheers

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

8 Comments

Their broadband is poor I'd shop around.

never had any problems with the broadband, good fast speed, depends where u live I suppose

Each provider is different depending on area
    Sky was shocking in my area
    My neighbour has just cancelled with them on friday due to slow speeds

We find Sky broadband very good, we stream all the movies we watch & have no problems with them. The other good thing is that they are "truly" unlimited, unlike some! According to Sky we use well over 100gb per month :-)

Original Poster

Thanks for the comments, but any advice on the original question?

plymouthgal

We find Sky broadband very good, we stream all the movies we watch & have … We find Sky broadband very good, we stream all the movies we watch & have no problems with them. The other good thing is that they are "truly" unlimited, unlike some! According to Sky we use well over 100gb per month :-)

We use between 450gb-500gb per month with bt and no capped speeds

Original Poster

This was for my inlaws, they were Virgin customers for 14 years, paying £95 a month. Virgin couldn't bring the bill lower than £70.

In the end I ordered Sky TV and BT Broadband separately.
    Sky Original + Sports, £34.5 a month, £10 setup fee, £50 bill credit, £155 quidco, total £219 for 12 months => £18.25 a month
    BT Infinity 20GB + weekend calls, with line saver: £7.5 a month, £206.85 line saver and setup costs, £125 Sainsbury's voucher, £94.5 TCB, total £77.35 for 12 months => £6.44 a month
    Total £24.7 a month over 12 months

Saving £840 over 12 months.

Order tv then a few months later add bb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?67
      2. Quick EBay Nectar Question33
      3. Best IPTV Currently45
      4. fitbit exchange how? (prepaid creditcard)44

See more discussions