sky plus fault

Found 31st May 2008
after a recent power cut my sky plus has developed a fault i have lost all the programms in my planner, i can not record or pause anything it is just like a standard sky box (can only watch one thing at a time ) anyone else had this
Community Updates
MiscSky
10 Comments
Call Sky technical line and they will talk you through how to reset the internal software
warmapplepie;2212580

Call Sky technical line and they will talk you through how to reset the … Call Sky technical line and they will talk you through how to reset the internal software

i have done that but no good they are sending an engineer out on tuesday i was just wondering if anyone had had the same problem and did they lose the recorded programs as i have not watched the last two episodes of lost or pushing daisies (gutted)
ding;2212587

i have done that but no good they are sending an engineer out on tuesday … i have done that but no good they are sending an engineer out on tuesday i was just wondering if anyone had had the same problem and did they lose the recorded programs as i have not watched the last two episodes of lost or pushing daisies (gutted)

Did they get you to to a full system reset??

Services 4, 0, 1 select
Choose "full system reset"
This will reformat the hard disk. If this does not work then the hard disk may be dead, check feed 2 lock, if it is unlocked, that usually means (assuming cable connected and LNB OK) that the hard disk has failed.
peteivy;2212601

Did they get you to to a full system reset??Services 4, 0, 1 … Did they get you to to a full system reset??Services 4, 0, 1 selectChoose "full system reset"This will reformat the hard disk. If this does not work then the hard disk may be dead, check feed 2 lock, if it is unlocked, that usually means (assuming cable connected and LNB OK) that the hard disk has failed.

i did the one when you turn off the power hold backup and turn power on holding backup untill 4 lights come on,
i have just done what you suggested but will not come out of standby never mind i will have to wait till tuesday cheers anyway:thumbsup:
ding;2212669

just done that but will not come out of standby never mind i will have to … just done that but will not come out of standby never mind i will have to wait till tuesday cheers anyway:thumbsup:

You mean it's rest and hasn't come ut of standy? You usually have to wait 3 or 4 mins before it does. Try it agin in a few.
peteivy;2212676

You mean it's rest and hasn't come ut of standy? You usually have to wait … You mean it's rest and hasn't come ut of standy? You usually have to wait 3 or 4 mins before it does. Try it agin in a few.

still no joy never mind cheers anyway
unplug it for 5 mins plug back in press power once wait for it to turn green after a few mins
you probably will lose everything as the engineer is likely to just swap the box for another. if you're happy to open the box you could use copy+ to backup the programs recorded. you can also try a fully system reset as above which will blank the hard drive , but may bring the box back to life.
Not trying to hijack your post, but my sky+ packed in recording with a system fault 10-7. I tried various tricks including re-formatting (holding left/right etc) the hd which appears to have been successful with a green light rather than the record light at the end. However still no luck recording-any thoughts!
you could fix yourself

Its most likely to be the hard drive, if you have one laying about follow this guide

morlocks.co.uk/dis…htm
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions