Groups

Sky Plus hd

I have noticed people selling the sky plus hd boxes and remotes on. I was wondering if i bought one and connected it is it automatically hd? Or do i need to get sky out and upgrade the package etc?
    If so why do people buy and sell second hand thanks.

10 Comments

if you got sky already they will par it over the phone and it will cost you extra 10.25 a month for hd

If your box goes faulty it is usually cheaper to buy a 2nd user box then take out sky's repair plan also you can still receive the freebie hd channels if you get one. Gonna be selling mine since i have an upsacaller that does just as good a job and an old Sky+ box for the recording capacity if needed, when my tie in period ends .

Edited by: "newbie1001" 22nd Dec 2010

What about for those just wanting BBC One HD, BBC HD, ITV HD and Channel 4HD?

hd box setup on a non-hd subcsription will allows you to receive all sd channels you are subscribed to receive, plus bbc,itv,ch4, ch5 hd channels plus a couple of others i think

i bought a hd box off ebay and rang sky to pair it with my card - no bother!

Banned

£30 for Sky HD box, sky wanted £99. You get better picture on SD channels because it's HDMI (digital) rather than analogue through the Scart. Bigger hard drive for more storage space.

With regards to installing it, it's very straight forward if you've already got Sky+ if not you need to set the HD box to single feed.

Oh and avoid the thomson boxes unless the PSU has been upgraded.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 22nd Dec 2010

what are the new amstrad boxes like, tried a spare amstrad DRX780 I've got as my second Thomson is giving up (done the PSU upgrade) and the SD picture quality is atrocious!!

Banned

ohdaesu

what are the new amstrad boxes like, tried a spare amstrad DRX780 I've … what are the new amstrad boxes like, tried a spare amstrad DRX780 I've got as my second Thomson is giving up (done the PSU upgrade) and the SD picture quality is atrocious!!

who done the PSU upgrade, do you know what capacitors were used?

I canceled Sky (now pay nothing) however still receive 5 or 6 HD channels, just discovered though I cant access any of my downloaded content on the Hard Drive

zermattbusby

I canceled Sky (now pay nothing) however still receive 5 or 6 HD … I canceled Sky (now pay nothing) however still receive 5 or 6 HD channels, just discovered though I cant access any of my downloaded content on the Hard Drive

Heard that you can't record either !!!

lumoruk

who done the PSU upgrade, do you know what capacitors were used?

Some bloke off ebay, sent it off and he replaced them with some sparkly gold panasonic ones.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169
      3. What do these 2 men have in common912
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31137

See more discussions