Sky plus HD question :)

morning!
I have "normal" sky at the moment but would like to upgrade to sky+ HD. I've heard that to get it you need extra cables from your dish the only thing is is my cable is built into the wall between my front room and conservatory and there's no way it'll budge or be able to have extra cables run next to it. Is it possible to get it with only one cable?

by the way i rent my house and don't want any extra holes drilled throught the walls as i'm moving next year so a bit pointless to bother the landlord with it all if you know what i mean.

thanks for any help

7 Comments

If you only have one cable then you can't record something on a another channel whilst watching something else.

its one extra cable. they managed to squeeze mine through the same hole in the wall
Edited by: "shanecr" 11th Nov 2010

Original Poster

shanecr

its one cable. they managed to squeeze mine through the same hole in the … its one cable. they managed to squeeze mine through the same hole in the wall

just looked at where mine is and it's poking out under the edge of my conservatory frame right near the wall so not sure if it could be replaced without damaging anything
looks like i may have to wait till i move

You could still get sky hd, but you wont have the record features thats all.

I know they will do it because i was in a similar situation a while back.

Also when you do move the will come and install sky at the new property (currently FOC) when you can get them to run in a twin co-ax

Original Poster

Unhinged

You could still get sky hd, but you wont have the record features thats … You could still get sky hd, but you wont have the record features thats all.I know they will do it because i was in a similar situation a while back.

thank you could you not record one channel while you are out for example? i usually use playtv on my ps3 for recording but that's been playing up lately and wanted to upgrade my sky anyway

Banned

The HD boxes have an option where you switch it to single feed only. As above it won't let you record another channel while watching one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions