Sky price changes incoming - updated

Editor 23
Found 14th Feb
Just a bit of a heads up here, but i've just heard through the grapevine that Sky prices are to change across their products, possibly starting next week.

No more info as of yet, but will update once known.

2894409.jpg

Might have something to do with the very large amount spent on football rights recently?

Updated

Sky price changes effective from 01-April-2018,

Broadband Unlimited changes from £28.99 to £30.00

Fibre – changes from £28.99 to £30.00

Sky Sports – changes from £27.50 to £28.00 (all channels on 31 day contract)
Community Updates
MiscEntertainment
23 Comments
Are we allowed to cancel our contract if the price changes
Heard on the grapevine.... how
aaisha19902 m ago

I'd say so. Within 30 days of notice.
Glad I just binned them
I thought they had to inform you of any price increase by post.
Can't help but price rises are here to stay so you could argue it can be a good time to move away to another provider who want your custom. I know it's a hassle but at least you know who's the cheapest out there & been upto date with what providers are offering then weigh out what's your top priority, customer service, price, network stability. Make sure to go through cashback sites.
I thought they was reducing them because of BT sharing some rights or something
Awful company. Sky Sold me a sky tv and broadband deal and said I could keep my current landline number. When the engineer turned up he said I couldn’t ! They wouldn’t let me cancel and have charged me! Have been without broadband and tv for 3 weeks now until my new provider can fix for me.
aaisha199059 m ago

I was watching Martin Lewis yesterday and he said you have a month after a price hike to cancel or renogatate a price
I recently had a letter to say that they will extend my current offers 50% off without me having to do anything. Must be fed up of me calling when minimum term is up.
If any telecoms company increases their price plans whilst you’re in a contract you have 30 days from the date that you are notified by then to leave the contract penalty free
Colin_Robbie1 h, 53 m ago

I recently had a letter to say that they will extend my current offers 50% …I recently had a letter to say that they will extend my current offers 50% off without me having to do anything. Must be fed up of me calling when minimum term is up.

I had the same but mines around 65 %
Edited by: "samosa" 14th Feb
They've only just changed the pricing structure so it would be odd for them to make any significant changes now.
Skaman2 h, 51 m ago

They've only just changed the pricing structure so it would be odd for …They've only just changed the pricing structure so it would be odd for them to make any significant changes now.

True. That don't half fart about!
Skaman3 h, 30 m ago

They've only just changed the pricing structure so it would be odd for …They've only just changed the pricing structure so it would be odd for them to make any significant changes now.

If it is true, it's probably line rental and BB that is changing rather than TV. Jan/Feb is when they usually raise prices. They may announce it next week, but it won't hit until at least the end of March.
markie835 m ago

If it is true, it's probably line rental and BB that is changing rather …If it is true, it's probably line rental and BB that is changing rather than TV. Jan/Feb is when they usually raise prices. They may announce it next week, but it won't hit until at least the end of March.

Think you might be right
ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml
samosa5 h, 14 m ago

I had the same but mines around 65 %

75% here. As soon as they stop that I will cancel it. I like the Sky Box for recording / series link but it seems that nearly all the shows we watch are on FreeView.
KongDonkey11 h, 39 m ago

75% here. As soon as they stop that I will cancel it. I like the Sky Box …75% here. As soon as they stop that I will cancel it. I like the Sky Box for recording / series link but it seems that nearly all the shows we watch are on FreeView.

Same here, if you didn't need subscription for Sky+ mine would've been cancelled years ago. They obviously know that
markie8312 h, 48 m ago

If it is true, it's probably line rental and BB that is changing rather …If it is true, it's probably line rental and BB that is changing rather than TV. Jan/Feb is when they usually raise prices. They may announce it next week, but it won't hit until at least the end of March.

Their broadband service is awful, standard router is the worst of main providers. When I was with them had 12 months of problems, them claiming it's line faults even though was fine previous provider and fine since switched away. Useless wouldn't touch Sky broadband with a barge pole. Quite happy with BT Infinity 2 and superhub 76mb rock solid
KongDonkey13 h, 57 m ago

75% here. As soon as they stop that I will cancel it. I like the Sky Box …75% here. As soon as they stop that I will cancel it. I like the Sky Box for recording / series link but it seems that nearly all the shows we watch are on FreeView.

110% here, they send me a cheque each month
Youngy2 h, 15 m ago

Their broadband service is awful, standard router is the worst of main …Their broadband service is awful, standard router is the worst of main providers. When I was with them had 12 months of problems, them claiming it's line faults even though was fine previous provider and fine since switched away. Useless wouldn't touch Sky broadband with a barge pole. Quite happy with BT Infinity 2 and superhub 76mb rock solid

I've had Sky Fibre for £10 for years and its never been a problem, my neighbour had BT and it was so horrendous that they moved to Sky, go figure
frakison14 m ago

I've had Sky Fibre for £10 for years and its never been a problem, my …I've had Sky Fibre for £10 for years and its never been a problem, my neighbour had BT and it was so horrendous that they moved to Sky, go figure

Inc line rental?
Any update on this? I’m desperate for an excuse to cancel
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants