Groups

SKY+ Problems

Anyone else had problems with Sky+ lately, our box has been playing up the last couple of days, recordings are failing & the live pause doesnt appear to be working ?

11 Comments

theres a simple fix called humax

had that quite a bit a few months ago

To fix it each time Had to switch off box and disconnect all cables (scart, sky inputs, power cable) leave it off for a minute then reconnect all leads and switch back on and worked ok

Has not done it for a while now though

You could try a Full System Reset. This often corrects a multitude of problems and gets the box up and running again. It will wipe out any program listings you have setup so make a note of any series links.

Do the following,
    1) Press Services
    2) Without looking at the screen press in order 4 0 1 Select

This brings up a hidden service menu

Press 8 for the reset option.

try unplugging it for two minutes then plug it back in - usually does the trick

Yep, i've had programmes that show up as being recorded then when you press select to watch nothing happens :-( Good job they were programmes that will be repeated! Also no signal for about 20 - 30 minutes the other morning, my kids were really annoyed as they were in the middle of watching something!

raptorcigs;1867189

theres a simple fix called humax

Yeah, cos the Humax can record Sky :whistling:

Not

JayBird;1867354

Yeah, cos the Humax can record Sky :whistling:Not

looks to me you cannot distinguish between a joke and reality,lets have a chat we can discuss my fee later:whistling:

Original Poster

KDH001;1867264

You could try a Full System Reset. This often corrects a multitude of … You could try a Full System Reset. This often corrects a multitude of problems and gets the box up and running again. It will wipe out any program listings you have setup so make a note of any series links.Do the following,1) Press Services2) Without looking at the screen press in order 4 0 1 SelectThis brings up a hidden service menuPress 8 for the reset option.

Nice one, will try this.

ring them up tell them your not happy and you'll be cancelling unless you get a new box. the n make sure you get a new NOT refurbished box and NOT an amstrad

raptorcigs;1867448

looks to me you cannot distinguish between a joke and reality,lets have a … looks to me you cannot distinguish between a joke and reality,lets have a chat we can discuss my fee later:whistling:

Right back at ya

it sounds like the hard drive is failing. there is a known fault with the amstrad but this sounds more like a drive issue. if you have any spare drives hanging around you could switch them over. or you could try emailing [email protected] and tell him that you're having problems with your sky+ and that you're not happy with the service and request a callout FOC. chances are that you'll get it. i had my box changed this morning but mine was suffering from the usual amstrad problem. it can take about a week to get an answer back but usually works HTH
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow610
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2048
      3. word association Game73944533
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927371

See more discussions