Groups

sky problems glasgow area

anyone else not getting a signal? ive cleared the snow from it still nothing

9 Comments

Had this problem when the heavy snow fell befire xmas, cleared the lnb and dish but nothing, rang sky and they said once it gets ice inside it can take 24 house to thaw/dry. Mine took about 18 hours.

Banned

Sky have probably set the satellite 29,000 miles in space to block out signals to Scotland. Nasty old sky! X)

You may have nudged the dish or LNB when cleaning, or maybe the cable is loose or water got into the LNB. Theres a number of things it could be. Problems with the sky satellite in scotland isnt one of them.

Original Poster

wendyak

Had this problem when the heavy snow fell befire xmas, cleared the lnb … Had this problem when the heavy snow fell befire xmas, cleared the lnb and dish but nothing, rang sky and they said once it gets ice inside it can take 24 house to thaw/dry. Mine took about 18 hours.

thanks for that normally mines comes back straight after clearing snow guess ill just have to wait

Original Poster

guv

Sky have probably set the satellite 29,000 miles in space to block out … Sky have probably set the satellite 29,000 miles in space to block out signals to Scotland. Nasty old sky! X)You may have nudged the dish or LNB when cleaning, or maybe the cable is loose or water got into the LNB. Theres a number of things it could be. Problems with the sky satellite in scotland isnt one of them.

i know all that but its snowing very heavily here and that can cause signal problems hence the "anyone in glasgow bit"

Banned

jamstaruk1972

i know all that but its snowing very heavily here and that can cause … i know all that but its snowing very heavily here and that can cause signal problems hence the "anyone in glasgow bit"

I see. Some people dont live in Glasgow or know its snowing there.

Have you checked to see in the menu that you have a signal? Heavy snowfall can reduce the signal to a level its unwatchable, but it will not be 0 on the sliding scale bar.

Original Poster

guv

I see. Some people dont live in Glasgow or know its snowing there.Have … I see. Some people dont live in Glasgow or know its snowing there.Have you checked to see in the menu that you have a signal? Heavy snowfall can reduce the signal to a level its unwatchable, but it will not be 0 on the sliding scale bar.

no signal to either box no network connection either

Banned

Then it sounds like one of the things already mentioned above.

BTW what network connection? Have you got your box plugged into a router?

Keep complaining to Sky in the hope that they'll give you a month free or whatever. You are paying for a service that they haven't been able to provide...

I live in the Midlands & mine has been playing up today. I keep getting 'no signal'.

Weather has been fine down this way so at some point I'm gonna check the cables. Can't think it would be anything else!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. help: windows 10 wifi issue12
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?11
      3. word survey34
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …915

See more discussions