Expired

SKY promotions for EXISTING customers

7 replies
Found 26th Feb 2009
I currently have the top package with SKY but with only a Sky+ box. I pay £66 a month:
All the movies, sports package £46
Broadband mid £10
Calls/Line rental £10

I want to upgrade to Sky HD+ & multiroom. Sky have said this will cost £49 for the SKY HD+ box but as I am having Multiroom then there will be no installation fee.
This will also incur a £9.75/mth HD package charge & a £9.75/mth Multiroom charge (min 12mth contract).

Sky will give the first month of HD packages free and will then only charge £4.90/mth for Multiroom, so over 12mths cost would be £166.05 instead of £234 - saving of £67.95.

They have also given a Sky Talk reduction from £10 to £5 for 6months.

There is the option of cancelling altogether and re-registering in my wife's name online via CashBackKings who offer the following for new customers which I make it to be £135 cashback for the equivalent package I want but with a lot more hassle:

Earn £50 when you sign up to Sky+, £100 for a Sky+HD, £30 for standard Sky Box, £20 for Sky Broadband Max Upgrade, £15 for a Broadband Mid Upgrade, £5 for an upgrade to Broadband Connect, Broadband Base, Sky Talk Freetime & Sky Talk Unlimited & £15 for a Sky + or Sky HD upgrade.

Sky are also doing a M&S £30 vouchers offer but mainly for new customers or Recommend-a-friend.
I have also heard that they will give you a £15 online credit for online registration.

Are HUKD members are of any other offers available to existing Sky Customers who are after a similar package upgrade or know any other hintts & tips I could try?

Thanks

7 Comments

Dont think you would be able to cancel and do in your wifes name anyway as you can't usually get it re-done at the same address.

Recommending a friend is £50 M&S vouchers each by the way.

Original Poster

I wasn't sure if it was address related or name related. What would happen if you were divorcing and one party was staying at the same address but that person was not the person who's name the Sky account was in?

I was going to do the same thing with mine but when I phoned to cancel, Sky were quite good with a 'loyalty' reduction on my monthly payment for 8 months. If you call and enquire about leaving using cost as the main reason, Virgin giving Setanta free etc, etc, etc, they normally pass you through to their retention team who can do something for you, I was offered a free HD box about 6 months ago, but opted for discount on exisiting package instead.

I also got my mum a new a sky box when hers broke after 2 years buy cancelling hers and then setting it up in my name but she pays for the monthly DD... free installation, connection an even got cashback... serves them right for trying to charge £300 for a lousy reconditioned amstrad box... simples!

pink_koo;4499220

I was going to do the same thing with mine but when I phoned to cancel, … I was going to do the same thing with mine but when I phoned to cancel, Sky were quite good with a 'loyalty' reduction on my monthly payment for 8 months. If you call and enquire about leaving using cost as the main reason, Virgin giving Setanta free etc, etc, etc, they normally pass you through to their retention team who can do something for you, I was offered a free HD box about 6 months ago, but opted for discount on exisiting package instead.I also got my mum a new a sky box when hers broke after 2 years buy cancelling hers and then setting it up in my name but she pays for the monthly DD... free installation, connection an even got cashback... serves them right for trying to charge £300 for a lousy reconditioned amstrad box... simples!

I wouldn't bank on this, I cancelled at the beginning of the month and was told thank you very much for your custom for the last 8 years, your service will terminate on the 8 th March.
Wasn't really bothered as I was cancelling anyway but was offered absolutely nothing even though I was on the top £45 a month package.

I didn't phone saying I was going to cancel, just thinking about it as was trying to 'budget' but yeah... a few people on here have said they were just told thank you... luck of the draw I guess.

I was fortunate to get a promotional tarrif which expired nearly 6 months ago and our tarrif has jumped to £45 pm

There's a lot of channels we hardly watch so could remove them from our package, but we would be interested in getting the HD box.

Not sure what approach to take with Sky when phoning them up and have putt off talking to them. LIke others have said it looks like a lottery as to what offers get given to you, if any. :?

How does Sky compare with BT Vision should we decide to cancel sky altogether?

Thanks

Charlie Brown
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Trade in/Sell value for Nintendo SNES mini at CEX??33
    2. Black friday mobile deals44
    3. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset33
    4. Tesco Mobile, sims11

See more discussions