Sky Q Mini Box

Found 1st Apr
If I buy a used mini box, can I will watch sky in other rooms, or do you need to pay extra per month?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskEntertainmentMiniSky
7 Comments
No but you will be handling stolen goods as the boxes are rented from sky unfortunately
Original Poster
kester7617 m ago

No but you will be handling stolen goods as the boxes are rented from sky …No but you will be handling stolen goods as the boxes are rented from sky unfortunately

Looking on the sky site, you have to pay £12 a month...
superfreddy1 h, 16 m ago

If you don’t have the 2tb box then you would need to upgrade to that for multiscreen I believe.
Seeing as the sky q mini is just mirroring the main box, I'm no sure it would work? I dare say the main box will have settings to enable the feature or disable it. I may be wrong, but if it didn't, anyone and everyone could buy a mini on the cheap and have free multi room?
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 2nd Apr
superfreddy14 h, 50 m ago

£99 for the box, pretty sure the multiscreen is cheaper than it sounds because you're not paying for the HD pack as it's included.
STRICKIBHOY2 h, 54 m ago

Seeing as the sky q mini is just mirroring the main box, I'm no sure it …Seeing as the sky q mini is just mirroring the main box, I'm no sure it would work? I dare say the main box will have settings to enable the feature or disable it. I may be wrong, but if it didn't, anyone and everyone could buy a mini on the cheap and have free multi room?

It does have a setting and I'm pretty sure it's locked down so only Sky can change it, so I think it's pretty unlikely that this would work as Sky would want to know where you got the box from before they enabled the setting and you'd still be left paying the £12 a month so you may as well get the mini direct from Sky. The only way buying a mini may work is if you've already got one and therefore the setting is enabled, this may avoid paying another multiroom subscription so could be worth it.
Skaman2 h, 52 m ago

It does have a setting and I'm pretty sure it's locked down so only Sky …It does have a setting and I'm pretty sure it's locked down so only Sky can change it, so I think it's pretty unlikely that this would work as Sky would want to know where you got the box from before they enabled the setting and you'd still be left paying the £12 a month so you may as well get the mini direct from Sky. The only way buying a mini may work is if you've already got one and therefore the setting is enabled, this may avoid paying another multiroom subscription so could be worth it.

It definitely is worth a try if you pick up a box. I've got the sky q 1tb box so I can only have multi room in one room. Wish I knew that before I got it, or I'd have went for the 2tb. Coincidently, did this work before with sky's olds boxes or even virgins? If not I can't see it working now?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants