Sky Q mini box

Posted 13th Feb
Can someone please explain how the recording works on the sky q mini boxes. I can’t find any information on how many programs you can record at once?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
The Sky mini box is dumb, all your recordings are on your main sky box and the mini just accesses them. It is not directly connected to the satelite dish so can be moved to any room as long as it is in range of the main box.
So I have a main box and 3 mini boxes being installed, I’m trying to work our what I can record on each one at the same time etc
With a Sky Q 2TB and Sky Q 1TB UHD box, you can record up to six programmes while watching live TV - mini boxes do nothing.
Okay makes sense, would I still be able to use the mini box to set a program to record, or would I have to do that all downstairs on my main box?
Yes. You can do everything via each sky mini box.
But maximum 6 recordings for all boxes at any one time?
Just think of it as you just have your main Q box and the mini is accessing via the Q. Everything looks the same
Edited by: "jkprosser" 13th Feb
Ok makes sense. Thanks for your help everyone
ConnorMcfadden13/02/2020 11:08

So I have a main box and 3 mini boxes being installed, I’m trying to work o …So I have a main box and 3 mini boxes being installed, I’m trying to work our what I can record on each one at the same time etc

Something to note, I think you can only use a maximum of 2 mini boxes at any one time plus the main box meaning one of your mini box views will be out of luck if your catering for a house full of people.
freakstyler13/02/2020 12:24

Something to note, I think you can only use a maximum of 2 mini boxes at …Something to note, I think you can only use a maximum of 2 mini boxes at any one time plus the main box meaning one of your mini box views will be out of luck if your catering for a house full of people.

Oh they didn’t tell me that part. Thank you
freakstyler13/02/2020 12:24

Something to note, I think you can only use a maximum of 2 mini boxes at …Something to note, I think you can only use a maximum of 2 mini boxes at any one time plus the main box meaning one of your mini box views will be out of luck if your catering for a house full of people.

and the mini box wont support 4k uhd
ConnorMcfadden13/02/2020 13:18

Oh they didn’t tell me that part. Thank you

Your not the first not to be told that when ordering. Most find out the hard way.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants