SKY Q Retention 2019 Thread

Posted 18th Mar 2019
Anybody had any luck getting a good retention deal this year? SKY don't seem to be budging at all on price this year.

If you manage to secure a good deal can you post them please, just to create a benchmark of what to haggle for when phoning up/live chat.

I tested the water today just to find out what was on offer, was pretty disappointing:-

Currently paying £44pm (Sky Q) for Entertainment, Sport, Cinema, Boxsets, HD, Multiroom. (Full price is £91) - April 1st price increase for this package is £4pm.

Tried today 18/03/19 via chat to get a better deal. Was offered the above for £57pm on an 18 month contract.... however.... there is now an admin fee of £15. When asked what this fee is for, it is merely to keep the discounts on your account! (AKA. Licence to print money) - screen shot of the chat transcript.
3199429-0zVvS.jpg3199429-ptBQZ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Phoned today and was offered everything for 70+ a month. Not great imho so I rejected it. He told me to phone back later, I said no thanks lol
Admin charge so discounts stay on?! What a load of $h!p
I believe that once your contract ends you have to send back the Sky Q box equipment how much does that cost?
Craig20182 h, 19 m ago

I believe that once your contract ends you have to send back the Sky Q box …I believe that once your contract ends you have to send back the Sky Q box equipment how much does that cost?

Thats right the equipment is on loan. It doesn't cost anything to send back. Sky post out a box to you to send it back in. It's just a pain if you recontract in the future you have to pay for the box and install again.
deleted1410297
nope found them very firm this year. Did get entertainment, kids, cinema and HD for 25 a month which doesn't seem too bad.
eslick55 m ago

you need this thread its the one that gets …you need this thread its the one that gets updatedhttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/75-off-sky-tv-for-existing-customers-only-works-when-you-call-the-specific-number-3-weeks-after-putting-your-request-to-cancel-or-save-approx-140-via-your-sky-remote-scroll-down-1741671

Cheers for this. Lots of good Info on here
£57 without broadband and phone?
paddyhw1 h, 4 m ago

£57 without broadband and phone?

Yep
I don’t think I got a good deal but Sky won’t budge.
Everything from sky sky q including Netflix, broadband, sports cinema phone etc. for £90 a month.
I'd take that price including Netflix assuming fibre unlimited etc
Hallsie22 m ago

I'd take that price including Netflix assuming fibre unlimited etc

Everything they do except F1 channel
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants