Sky Q - Stacking Electronics

Found 26th May 2017
I'm aware the Sky Q box gets quite hot on top, but due to lack of space, I will have to put my small Blu-Ray player on top of it. The player is probably 2/3 of the site of the Sky Q box.

Is this ok and does anyone else put other electronics on top of their box?

Community Updates
AskSky
12 Comments
Well, there is only one way to find out. ... The good news is that you are renting Q box from sky, so should anything happen to it you will get a new one free of charge. so nothing to lose
Had a Sky Q that had numerous problems. Wouldnt send signal to mini, always got hard drive errors, numerous visits from Sky and they didn't know what was wrong. By chance I moved the Samsung one connect (which was positioned on top of the sky q) on a different shelf and lo and behold sky Q's been working fine ever since.

For these reasons I defo suggest you leave the space on top of the main sky q box free fella
Edited by: "xoisthemotive" 26th May 2017
mine has a 1 inch gap from the box to the underside of a glass shelf and still gets so hot you could fry an egg on
I literally have no more room though so this was my only way of keeping the Blu-Ray connected! Any other suggestions?
It does get very hot. My ps4 was on it had to move it. Is it a cheapy dvd player or a good one. If its a cheapy i wouldnt worry. My sky worked fine with ps4 on top just very hot
123batman3213 m ago

It does get very hot. My ps4 was on it had to move it. Is it a cheapy dvd …It does get very hot. My ps4 was on it had to move it. Is it a cheapy dvd player or a good one. If its a cheapy i wouldnt worry. My sky worked fine with ps4 on top just very hot

It's just a £50 one. How long was your PS4 balanced on top of it?! Any issues?
If the sky q box can't ventilate, heat will build up and could run into a fire risk.
tempt5 m ago

If the sky q box can't ventilate, heat will build up and could run into a …If the sky q box can't ventilate, heat will build up and could run into a fire risk.

Really? Just from having a small Blu-Ray player on top?
if it's that small a player could you slide it behind the TV? I have a wall mounted TV and have free view behind it and now player positioned near bottom sonic can still use remote. but bd player won't even need that just put disc in and sit down enjoy..?
t3rm3y

if it's that small a player could you slide it behind the TV? I have a … if it's that small a player could you slide it behind the TV? I have a wall mounted TV and have free view behind it and now player positioned near bottom sonic can still use remote. but bd player won't even need that just put disc in and sit down enjoy..?

Not really, there's no room where it is at the moment.
I have my XBOX One on top of the Sky Q box, been like that nearly a year no issues
I think I'll buy some 8mm rubber feet for the underneath, meaning airflow is still around the sky box. Might do the same for my PS4.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants