Sky Q - Voice search questions

Found 3rd Aug 2017
I am thinking of getting Sky Q and have some questions about the voice search.

1) How accurate is it?

2) Can you search by episode title? If so, does it search everything or just recorded shows?

3) If a search on displays one result, can you just tap select on the remote to watch it immediately?

4) If multiple people in the house use the voice search, does it affect how it 'learns' from voices (assuming that it does learning)?
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
deleted568030
Before you commit check out all the problems people are having with Sky Q, my son being one of them. He has 5 sets connected throughout his house, they lose signals, freeze etc, and their customer service is totally unacceptable both in waiting time and their ability to actually solve the issues. Engineers come out do their thing and within 24 hours the problems start again. There is a whole Twitter group on the faults with this system #skyq
Edited by: "deleted568030" 4th Aug 2017
deleted5680304th Aug 2017

Before you commit check out all the problems people are having with Sky Q, …Before you commit check out all the problems people are having with Sky Q, my son being one of them. He has 5 sets connected throughout his house, they lose signals, freeze etc, and their customer service is totally unacceptable both in waiting time and their ability to actually solve the issues. Engineers come out do their thing and within 24 hours the problems start again. There is a whole Twitter group on the faults with this system #skyq

I know, I am very unsure about going ahead. I am not that bothered about the multiroom stuff as I only have one TV.

The only reason I am thinking about it is because I need a bigger Sky box and they no longer do the old 2TB HD boxes. (I know I can get one of ebay, but I've never had much luck with second hand stuff and the prices are quite high).
deleted568030
I just have freesat at home so I'm not able to suggest an alternative for you, but having seen skyq first hand I have to say it's very unreliable (and not cheap either).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants