Groups

Sky Question .....

Just got it installed but cant see an option to stop it asking me for a pin when I try to watch a film, anyone know ? thanks

27 Comments

Supermod

Services - Parental Control - Channel Restrictions and then choose the ones you want to unlock using the yellow button.

It will always ask you for your pin if it is an age restricted film - apparantly this is the only way that Sky are able to show age restricted films at any time of the day.

Annoying, isn't it?! Expecially when you live in a household with no kids and you still can't even set it to not require a pin...

it always comes up for box office films, if normal movies then you may have parental lock on :thumbsup:

don't think you can. Ofcom regs

hodsey77;7117955

It will always ask you for your pin if it is an age restricted film - … It will always ask you for your pin if it is an age restricted film - apparantly this is the only way that Sky are able to show age restricted films at any time of the day.Annoying, isn't it?! Expecially when you live in a household with no kids and you still can't even set it to not require a pin...

Having said that, we've just got the new Sky Guide, and looking at that it may be possible to remove? Just looking now....

Edit: Nope... still asks even if you turn the Parental Restrictions off. Pants!

If its before the watershed you need to put the pin in

Original Poster

thanks , non of them are locked on the menu so its as you say, you cant turn it off, annoying !

Original Poster

also, some programmes are being shown in the wrong aspect ratio, I go on itv 3 on freeview, (columbo) is 4:3 but its stretched to 16:9 on sky ??

Probably because you have the sky box set up as 16:9

Original Poster

Well i dont want it set to 4:3 do I ! it should switch like freeview

Original Poster

The problem lies with the fact its through HDMI and the box doesnt auto switch ratios which is an absolute joke

dosent bother me, cant stand having black lines either side

Original Poster

so you watch your programmes all stretched out of shape ? how odd.

I find it odd watching with black bars, dosent loook stretched at all to me

Original Poster

well it is

To you maybe

Original Poster

no, 4:3 is being stretched to 16:9 it is not a case of it being in my imagination, it is being stretched.

So ? Like i say dosent bother me, i dont know anyone who watches with black bars either side

Original Poster

well if you want to watch programmes where everyone looks short and fat thats up to you, I dont !!

You wont get the chance it it dosent switch :-D

Original Poster

you have to switch it manually on your tv remote, which is a pain in the ****

Yeah sound like a pain,

bars either side would drive me more mental. I don't notice people stretched/fat

Original Poster

some programmes dont look too bad like that but others look awful, you really notice when your used to watching it in the correct ratio. Oh well, its a hard life.

I dont watch Quincy or Murder She Wrote so cant comment :w00t:

I can turn watershed restrictions off on my box for some reason, cant on any of my mates!

Original Poster

ive turned that off but it doesnt effect the movie channels
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1313
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1431
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764389
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846241

See more discussions