Groups

Sky Question

Hello,

I got a second hand sky + box and was wondering what is the best way to connect it to my room so that i can watch my own channels? (if there is a way)

I was considering getting sky multi room, but managed to get a sky box cheap so just wondering if it would be any use.

Thanks

7 Comments

unless you get a multi room account you can only get freesat.

I have a box in each room, u can get all freeview channels without having a card in, then when we want to go to bed and watch tv we just take the card from the living room box and it enables us to watch all the sky channels in the bedroom.

No use if u want both running at once but hope it helps!

Original Poster

ahh that makes sense

would it matter that i dont have an outside ariel for my tv? will the sky box pick up the freeview channels?

Faiza

ahh that makes sensewould it matter that i dont have an outside ariel for … ahh that makes sensewould it matter that i dont have an outside ariel for my tv? will the sky box pick up the freeview channels?

You would get all freesat channels through your dish. Freeview is only available with an Aerial only. Fressat through Sky will give you additional content over a normal Freesat box including Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD, Sky News and I think Sky 3 off the top of my head.

Original Poster

Thanks very much guys

thehitman

You would get all freesat channels through your dish. Freeview is only … You would get all freesat channels through your dish. Freeview is only available with an Aerial only. Fressat through Sky will give you additional content over a normal Freesat box including Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD, Sky News and I think Sky 3 off the top of my head.

How do you get HD channels on a Sky+ Receiver?

Sky3 is no longer Sky 3, it has some silly new name now.

Just checking, you will need a cable fron your dish to your other sky box.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is12
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions