Sky re-contract advice

Found 5th Oct 2015
Hi

Contract had recently ended with sky so phoned up to see if I could get a deal, the guy was great, straight to the point and I ended up getting 50% off which I was happy about.

Thing is, he told me it was a 10 month contract, and I asked him a few times to confirm this but having received the following email from sky, it appears im in a 12 month contract? Is there any point in ringing up to dispute this or will they just bluff that I was made aware of the terms etc etc?

Thanks

"I'm writing to confirm that you have agreed to take up our fantastic offer of Sky TV 50% Off for 10 Months (12M Recontract). We also wanted to remind you that as part of this offer, you've agreed to re-subscribe for a new minimum term to the products listed in the table below:

Subscription Contract Start Date Contract Length
Sky DTV 02/10/2015 12 Months"
Community Updates
AskMobile PhoneSky
16 Comments
So you get the discount for 10 months, then pay full price for the remaining 2 months.............

Best of leaving & getting a Dreambox/VU, or an Android box with a private IPTV server.
Thats not the point or the question in hand. I dont want a dreambox and I already have an android box!

Point is, he told me it was a 10 month contract, but it transpires that its a 12 month, and Im seeking advice on what to do about that!
adamski88

Thats not the point or the question in hand. I dont want a dreambox and … Thats not the point or the question in hand. I dont want a dreambox and I already have an android box!Point is, he told me it was a 10 month contract, but it transpires that its a 12 month, and Im seeking advice on what to do about that!

did you get name of the person you spoke to? no harm in ringing back, and if you can give a name and time/date that you spoke to the rep, then maybe they could look into it for you. might as well do it now whilst you can cancel the contract in the cooling off period than later.
Nope, Sky tried this little trick with me... your offer is for 10 months but you are on a new 12-month contract. I have now left Sky, gone to EE for broadband and telephone - bought myself a Freesat box - cheap as chips!
adamski88

Thats not the point or the question in hand. I dont want a dreambox and … Thats not the point or the question in hand. I dont want a dreambox and I already have an android box!Point is, he told me it was a 10 month contract, but it transpires that its a 12 month, and Im seeking advice on what to do about that!

Why are you seriously asking this question on a shopping forum instead of just calling them up ? If that's the case, call them back & either complain so you get your 2 extra months, or cancel the contract for them telling porkies.
ChrisUK

Why are you seriously asking this question on a shopping forum instead of … Why are you seriously asking this question on a shopping forum instead of just calling them up ? If that's the case, call them back & either complain so you get your 2 extra months, or cancel the contract for them telling porkies.

Because im in work and wont be able to call today.. Also, hukd is a little more than just a shopping forum, people use it to talk about all manner of topics, totally unrelated to shopping.

And im asking because sky is a regular talking point on this site..

Why are you seriously responding to my question if you're so disinterested?
I was given the same deal you have to pay 2 months at full price but can phone up in the 11 month and give notice.
adamski88

Because im in work and wont be able to call today.. Also, hukd is a … Because im in work and wont be able to call today.. Also, hukd is a little more than just a shopping forum, people use it to talk about all manner of topics, totally unrelated to shopping. And im asking because sky is a regular talking point on this site..Why are you seriously responding to my question if you're so disinterested?

So you can play on the internet in work, but not make a phone call ?

Because I gave you some sound advice, which was shot down, then you ask the most silly question which can be resolved with a 2 minute phone call to Sky. No one on here can tell you why Sky told you one thing, then did something else, only Sky can confirm how this transpired.
Best way is online chat if you can get on and remember to screen print your conversation with them.
email a complaint in to them explaining you were verbally agreed to 10 month contract, they will listen back to call and confirm for you. I managed to get 12 months 50% with no tie in, told them planning to move and didn't want tied in but like to stay with sky.

worth look at this thread to see what people are getting offered
hotukdeals.com/mis…671
ChrisUK

So you can play on the internet in work, but not make a phone call … So you can play on the internet in work, but not make a phone call ?Because I gave you some sound advice, which was shot down, then you ask the most silly question which can be resolved with a 2 minute phone call to Sky. No one on here can tell you why Sky told you one thing, then did something else, only Sky can confirm how this transpired.

Correct. There's a pretty big difference between taking 1 minute to reply to a post on a forum, to spending 20 minutes on the phone to sky, would you not agree?

I didn't think you did give sound advice, sorry. I wouldnt say I shot you down, thats quite dramatic, I merely pointed out that you were talking about sky alternatives, which was nothing to do with my question.

"no one on here can tell you why Sky told you one thing, then did something else".. did you not read anything I wrote? I didnt ask WHY did sky do this, I asked for advice on what I should do about it. Your just arguing for the sake of it. My question was (which you seemed to completely miss) if there was any point in disputing this, and, somehow, people apart from yourself were able to provide helpful answers, imagine that!!

Thanks for all your replies folks, think I will try live chat first and see if I get anywhere there
First of all ignore MrTryingToBeCleverButFailingMiserablyChrisUk he's just trolling because he's got nothing better to do with his time.
They usually record phone calls so they would probably be able to play it back and confirm the length of the contract agreed.
I had the same conversation and it was confirmed that offer was for 10 months only and two months of full price on a 12 month contract. I only got 8 pounds off a TV package and moved to BT phone and fibre.
I'm doing a waiting game- I've cancelled Sky and already had two offers sent in the two weeks since I cancelled. Second better than the first, maybe that will be it , but if so will let the cancellation go through and then get the other half to subscribe as a new customer , get all the offers that are about at the moment and the possible cashback too from Topcashback.
surely with any contract you get 14 days cooling-off , I'd complain but then just put up with it

is there anything you would like from sky that would make you pay full price for two months? handy to think about because then you can push for that, multiform or sky go for example.

afwiw I don't see an issue asking here, I asked about oil once oh and phoning France.
I cancelled (1 months notice) earlier today via online chat.

Within 5 minutes there was a 50% discount to stay in my Customer Offers.

29 days to go X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants