EXPIRED

Sky+ Recording Problems - just me or anyone else?

hey all,

i have a Pace Sky+ box that has been super reliable since i got it last year.

but today when i got home from work i found that one of the programs i set for record didnt record (Failed).

even now when i try to set a proggy to record the damn box just wont function accordingly instead it just displays a blue screen with sound!!!

so is anyone else having this problem or know a way of overcoming it?

TIA m1lz

16 Comments

I'm guessing that you may not have a lot of space left for recording. Try removing stuff you have watched already.

Original Poster

Scribbles;1562190

I'm guessing that you may not have a lot of space left for recording. … I'm guessing that you may not have a lot of space left for recording. Try removing stuff you have watched already.

82% free space...dont think thats the problem

failing that i had a sim prob and was told to do this
services
then 4, 0, 1 then select

you then do full system restore or something like that

WARNING: you lose all recordings on Sky+ and anything set to record

saves 65quid though!

try a hard reset first (unplug, leave for 2 mins, replug).

Then try first a planner rebuild from the services menu (as mentioned above), your programs will remain okay. Last resort is the one that wipes your programs.

I have had a few problems with mine - sometimes I will record a half hour programme and it will take over 30% of space therefore cancelling all other programmes....

The other day it seemed to get stuck with the back ground of another programme behind it instead of the blue screen, it was still working but I wasn't entirely convinced it would continue working - no idea what was wrong with it - unplugged it and the blue screen came back

I had a phone call from sky "offering" me the maintenance contract as it is now a year old of the bargain price of £99 with a dedicated phone number but surely a new box is only £100??

our + box sometimes freezes, gives us a black screen with a small green stripe in the top corner and resets itself

I suggest you all head over to ]skyuser.co.uk - there's some very helpful bods over there - it's an unofficial forum for everything to do with sky.

Original Poster

alternate;1562256

try a hard reset first (unplug, leave for 2 mins, replug).Then try first … try a hard reset first (unplug, leave for 2 mins, replug).Then try first a planner rebuild from the services menu (as mentioned above), your programs will remain okay. Last resort is the one that wipes your programs.

cheers - the hard reset worked.

i still dont liked encountering such a problem....thanks again!!

jayhab;1562881

I suggest you all head over to ]www.skyuser.co.uk - there's some very … I suggest you all head over to ]www.skyuser.co.uk - there's some very helpful bods over there - it's an unofficial forum for everything to do with sky.

Yep, can recommend that website - helped me with my SKY email problem :thumbsup:

mine recently started doing the same sort of things.
in the end i had two new boxes and fresh cables.

Hi
I can not record programmes using the weekly record, or record two programmes at a time on my Sky.
Please how can I solve it.

MKPilgrim

Hi I can not record programmes using the weekly record, or record two … Hi I can not record programmes using the weekly record, or record two programmes at a time on my Sky.Please how can I solve it.

this thread is 5 years old

probably best to contact sky or google

dataload

this thread is 5 years old probably best to contact sky or google

Here is the link to contact google google.co.uk/int…ct/

RossD89

Here is the link to contact google … Here is the link to contact google http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/contact/

yeah I didn't actually mean contact google

dataload

yeah I didn't actually mean contact google

Yea it was sarcasm.

MKPilgrim

Hi I can not record programmes using the weekly record, or record two … Hi I can not record programmes using the weekly record, or record two programmes at a time on my Sky.Please how can I solve it.

Pay your Sky bill, that's how.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?57
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764091
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1516
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11

See more discussions