Groups

Sky + recordings

I've got rid of sky, but I have some recordings on my box that I would like to keep is there a way to remove recording to my pc or to a dvd.

9 Comments

I don't think you can as they're encrypted.

[FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=7][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2][LEFT]COPYING PROGRAMMES TO VIDEO/DVD[/LEFT]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][LEFT][SIZE=2]To free up space on the hard disk, Sky+ lets you copy recordings onto[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]video or DVD.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]While copying, you can watch the recording being copied but you can’t[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]watch any other programme.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Copy to your video/DVD recorder as follows:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]1 Make sure your video/DVD recorder is set up properly.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Refer to your video’s user guide and see page 60 of this guide for details.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]2 Go to your Planner.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]3 Highlight the recorded programme you want to copy and press the [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2]red[/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][LEFT][SIZE=2]key ([/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][SIZE=2]Copy[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]You can select as many programmes as you like.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]4 When you’ve made your choice, press [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2]select[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2].[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]5 Press record on your video/DVD recorder then press [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2]play [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]on your[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Sky+ remote control.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Copying starts and after a few seconds the [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][SIZE=2]Sky+ Copy [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]screen appears,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]showing you the titles in order of selection with their length in minutes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]This is to help you keep track and label your tapes/DVDs.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]You see an information screen for each programme before the entire[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]recording is played back.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Don’t touch anything until copying is [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]fi [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]nished.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [SIZE=2]To cancel at any time, press any key.[/SIZE]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Must have the TV subscription and Sky+ subscription to view recordings.

Robotochan;8798702

Must have the TV subscription and Sky+ subscription to view recordings.

Correct :thumbsup:

tregs;8798504

[FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=7][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2][LEFT]COPYING PROGRAMMES TO VIDEO/DVD[/LEFT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][LEFT][SIZE=2]To free up space on the hard disk, Sky+ lets you copy recordings onto[/SIZE][SIZE=2]video or DVD.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]While copying, you can watch the recording being copied but you can’t[/SIZE][SIZE=2]watch any other programme.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Copy to your video/DVD recorder as follows:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]1 Make sure your video/DVD recorder is set up properly.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Refer to your video’s user guide and see page 60 of this guide for details.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]2 Go to your Planner.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]3 Highlight the recorded programme you want to copy and press the [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2]red[/SIZE][/LEFT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][LEFT][SIZE=2]key ([/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][SIZE=2]Copy[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]).[/SIZE][SIZE=2]You can select as many programmes as you like.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]4 When you’ve made your choice, press [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2]select[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][SIZE=2]5 Press record on your video/DVD recorder then press [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][FONT=SkyInfoText-Medium][SIZE=2]play [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]on your[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Sky+ remote control.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Copying starts and after a few seconds the [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][FONT=SkyInfoText-Italic][SIZE=2]Sky+ Copy [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]screen appears,[/SIZE][SIZE=2]showing you the titles in order of selection with their length in minutes.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]This is to help you keep track and label your tapes/DVDs.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]You see an information screen for each programme before the entire[/SIZE][SIZE=2]recording is played back.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Don’t touch anything until copying is [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]fi [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][FONT=SkyInfoText-Regular][SIZE=2]nished.[/SIZE][/LEFT][SIZE=2]To cancel at any time, press any key.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

You need to have SKY for this to work.

thanks for good tips i was wondering same thing

Original Poster

don't have a dvd recorder only dvd re writer on laptop so I'm goosed then

Banned

This isn't a problem with PlayTV for PS3. Recordings can be transferred straight to an external HDD/memory stick, unencrypted
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927349
      2. love affairs1223
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1015
      4. Apples new update711

See more discussions