Groups

Sky repair plan

Hi,

I have just been sent my renewal. It is £8 odd. Does anyone think it is worth renewing? I have home insurance. Just can't decide if it's worth it!

Many thanks.

6 Comments

Usually £50 excess on home ins.

Home insurance usually doesn't cover electrical breakdown either

If you are out of your 12 month contract and just continuing with your current service I would say don't bother. If your box or whatever breaks down phone Sky up, explain the situation, and I'd be sure they would offer you a new box or to fix it if you sign up for another x months. They won't want to lose your custom.

Original Poster

Bug&er! Thank you all!

Worst case scenario, Sky charge £69 for repair or replace. So ,I wouldn't renew.

brucem;3666671

Worst case scenario, Sky charge £69 for repair or replace. So ,I … Worst case scenario, Sky charge £69 for repair or replace. So ,I wouldn't renew.

That's what I did, $ky might be a rip off company but their engineers are generaly pretty good guys. I had a problem recording channel4 on my old Sky+ box.. engineer played with the box, changed the dish.. changed the cables, and gave me a brand new sky+ box with a bigger hard drive.. all for a fixed fee of about £60 back then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …88152
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions