Sky retention

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Hi All

any decent Sky retention deals about at the moment? I currently have all normal channels no movies or sports. Pay £54 out of contract!!

Would like movies and to add fibre broadband

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
ANDYwwww98711/12/2019 12:24

sky deal thread for …sky deal thread for thishttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/75-off-sky-tv-for-existing-customers-only-works-when-you-call-the-specific-number-3-weeks-after-putting-your-request-to-cancel-or-save-approx-140-via-your-sky-remote-scroll-down-1741671

Seems a bit longwinded rather than just ring them and say you`re leaving
Best deal I got was after contract expired. 3 days after it Went from £45 best offer to £32. Sky+HD all channels but kids.
10 days after I cancelled completely, Sky offered me ent + sports HD for £25. Wouldn’t drop below £50 during cancellation period so I just let it cancel.

To be honest, I did some channel analysis before I cancelled and what I watch on the free channels I now get via the sky box for free (as it turns into freesat box after cancelling really) the rest I watch on a roku stick a mixture of nowtv and all the other catchup services.

Don’t miss sky at all.
I had entertainment and kids. Movies, 3D and Q multi room basically all except box sets and sport £39 per month not inc broadband. Just added Netflix premium and box sets for extra £6 per month
A few years ago a manage to negotiate Sky+ HD all channels for £39
I’m running down the clock on my contract, runs out next June. Unfortunately I have one of the Sky Q boxes so have to go through the process of sending that back.
ArcadeAssassin11/12/2019 13:04

10 days after I cancelled completely, Sky offered me ent + sports HD for …10 days after I cancelled completely, Sky offered me ent + sports HD for £25. Wouldn’t drop below £50 during cancellation period so I just let it cancel. To be honest, I did some channel analysis before I cancelled and what I watch on the free channels I now get via the sky box for free (as it turns into freesat box after cancelling really) the rest I watch on a roku stick a mixture of nowtv and all the other catchup services. Don’t miss sky at all.

What’s the Sky box like as a freesat box?
WorKev13/12/2019 19:35

What’s the Sky box like as a freesat box?

Exactly the same as it was with Sky. Except you don’t get the recording function or any of the channels Sky make you pay for like Atlantic, Arts, Sky One etc. I mainly use it to watch the live TV like the news and to have on in the background. For everything else i use the catchup apps on my Roku stick. Havnt looked back, saving myself a small fortune each month as well.
ArcadeAssassin13/12/2019 19:40

Exactly the same as it was with Sky. Except you don’t get the recording f …Exactly the same as it was with Sky. Except you don’t get the recording function or any of the channels Sky make you pay for like Atlantic, Arts, Sky One etc. I mainly use it to watch the live TV like the news and to have on in the background. For everything else i use the catchup apps on my Roku stick. Havnt looked back, saving myself a small fortune each month as well.

I think I’m going to do the same and then use the apps on the Xbox for NowTV and that.
Sky retentions are being arsy atm. Will have to wait until BB package expires end of month before they even offer anything decent! Thinking I’d pay standard price, are they stupid!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions