Sky Retention Deal - Any Good?

Posted 9th Feb
Just been on the phone with Sky to get my bill down. The best they could do is Entertainment Package for £15 and HD for £1. So total £16 on a new 18 month contract. I've been with them for 20 years.

Is this a good deal?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I wouldn’t wipe my arse on that deal you at least want £15
I said to the lady I was looking at around the £10 mark to test the waters and she said there's no way she could do that. If I do leave are there any reprecussions in terms of rejoining if needed?
mas12309/02/2020 20:02

I said to the lady I was looking at around the £10 mark to test the waters …I said to the lady I was looking at around the £10 mark to test the waters and she said there's no way she could do that. If I do leave are there any reprecussions in terms of rejoining if needed?

I don’t think so. You’re just no longer a customer with Sky. So if at any point you want to go back to them you’d be a ‘new customer’ rather than an existing customer with your contract about to end.
InsaneNun09/02/2020 20:47

I don’t think so. You’re just no longer a customer with Sky. So if at any p …I don’t think so. You’re just no longer a customer with Sky. So if at any point you want to go back to them you’d be a ‘new customer’ rather than an existing customer with your contract about to end.

I’m not sure that’s true. Sky certainly used to only consider you a new customer after being away for over a year. You had to get round it by setting up the new account in another name (usually the wife/husband).
tomvox10/02/2020 00:00

I’m not sure that’s true. Sky certainly used to only consider you a new cus …I’m not sure that’s true. Sky certainly used to only consider you a new customer after being away for over a year. You had to get round it by setting up the new account in another name (usually the wife/husband).

I may be mistaken in which case you may be correct (my memory is awful, honestly) - if that is the case then apologies for providing incorrect information, it’s just what i thought was the case. But i can believe that Sky would do that (they’re a multi-billion company) so i can imagine and half expect they would do what you are saying. Why wouldn’t they if they are able to lawfully get away with it.
£16 isn't too bad at all. Considering the Entertainment package is "usually" £27 and HD is "usually" £5. So 50% off.

I am currently paying £12 for the entertainment package and £2.50 for HD. But thats with a big Sky Q multiscreen/Broadband deal.
Tiddly_fiddly10/02/2020 11:41

£16 isn't too bad at all. Considering the Entertainment package is …£16 isn't too bad at all. Considering the Entertainment package is "usually" £27 and HD is "usually" £5. So 50% off.I am currently paying £12 for the entertainment package and £2.50 for HD. But thats with a big Sky Q multiscreen/Broadband deal.

I only have TV with them. What’s the lowest you think I can ask for?
mas12310/02/2020 19:38

I only have TV with them. What’s the lowest you think I can ask for?

Honestly i don't think they will drop the price to £10. They are offering you 50%, which for a TV only customer is not too bad. But I understand that you have been a loyal customer. £15/£16 quid isn't too bad. Maybe call them again. Speaking to someone different might help(y)
Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 11th Feb
Called again and negotiated a deal which comes to around £14 a month, assuming it’s an 18 month contract. But thankfully it’s not as they waived that as a goodwill gesture and I’m still on a rolling contract!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants