Sky Retention Deal: Sky TV, box sets HD etc with alternative fibre broadband for ex sky customers - £32pm x 12 months = £384

Found 10th Jun
Apologies as I know this is only relevant for previous customers and those who are due to end. I also hope this makes sense. I am sleepy

I Fancied getting some decent telly back after leaving sky for their shockingly bad offers to remain with them even on 4mps speeds and decided to just go for broadband deals elsewhere without tv*. If I wanted faster B.B. and the same tv package, the lowest they would go was £50 per month. Nope.

the link above (hopefully- if not then google search “left sky 12 months) takes any customer who left in the last 12 months (I left in March) to the offers page where I finally got offered a good deal as long as you’re happy to use the same box (doesn’t bother me).
£13per month for entertainment with £1 each for HD, Box sets, kids. Think it was £10 for movies and £12.50 for sports but I didn’t dwell on those and now can’t check prices for them as have already completed (sorry).

I shopped around looking for deals for broadband and have ended up with 50mps BT broadband fibre purchased via top Cashback to mobile genie (£31.50 tracked) then via mobile genie for £50 amazon card (delivered and spent) for £29.99 with £150 MasterCard (delivered and spent!) plus line rental saver= Equiv £16ish a month.

So, In total for sky entertainment tv plus HD, kids and box sets, I’m paying £32 a month for 12 months. Not too shabby a saving from what I was offered.

However, the deal I got on B.B. I see is no use to anyone as it’s no longer relevant.

Current offers are decent though to get similar equivalent price including plusnet 36mb for £24.99 via quidco (£30 Cashback and £50 from plusnet and optional line rental saver could bring it to equiv. £15.90ish per month ) will Obvs depends what speeds you require.
Community Updates
2 Comments
This is where people come along and tell me I’m rubbish at maths and I’ve actually gotten a shizzle deal after all my slogging over a calculator
jonjoe871 h, 16 m ago

This is where people come along and tell me I’m rubbish at maths and I’ve a …This is where people come along and tell me I’m rubbish at maths and I’ve actually gotten a shizzle deal after all my slogging over a calculator

I will tell you it’s not a deal as not everyone will get it and there is a dedicated thread in misc for it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants