Sky retention deals

Found 7th Mar 2016
Hello,
So I cancelled my Sky yesterday after noticing since December they've been charging me £51 because my discounts have run out.
After a lengthy phone call and a rant I've cancelled.
My argument is I should have had some sort of communication whether it be a text, letter or even an email.
Ok I should have checked my account and called the first time but hey ho, I found out now.
Answer to having a message "it's not economical for us", but it's ok to send marketing letters promoting movies or sports?
So, here's what I want to know.
Anyone had any good deals when they call u up a few weeks before it stops? Got until 8th April.
Community Updates
AskSky
16 Comments
Go to your account click my sky then the option left sky in the last 12 months. It will take you to live chat ask them about the stay with sky for £25 a month for the whole tv package.
Original Poster
Even though I'm still in contract until 8th April?
Yes.use live chat very helpful. Same happened to me no notice of increase and because I took out broadband and phone 3 months apart from tv they put my TVs contract at the same date. No notice there either. Cancelled tv but did a deal on broadband and phone. They were keen to do a deal on TVs but I still said no. I has a Amazon Fire box fully loaded bought me so don't need sky TVs. Good luck. Helps to not get angry with them.
I phoned up about a month ago but my contract had ended by a day. guy on the phone offered me 12 months half for a full year. but again my contract ended. which is probably the best time to get a deal. or check under my sky then my offers and see if anythibg is available there. if your still struggling then I would hang off till your contract ends.. if they still don't give you a deal then cancel your contract. wait a day and sign up under a different name online with one of their new customer deals. Will just need a new email address. hope that helps.
I called up with just over a month left in contract ready to cancel. I had a great deal first 12 months of line rental, broadband & family tv for £17.40 month. Talk talk had an offer on for line rental, broadband & Sim plus £120 love to shop voucher - it worked out about £8.26 a month after taking off the voucher. After two calls to them they matched this by reducing my package plus £50 credit.
I don't get the tv anymore as hardly used it but they did offer it to me for £18 month (50% off)
Keep trying on chat and calling.
Plus check the competition before you ring - Martin Lewis site, quidco etc
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Forgot to mention I emailed the ceo address last night basically about how the discounts ran out and not informing me which is what I'm most annoyed with. I'll give it a week or so and see if I get a response or I'll go online.
Thanks again guys
To be fair to Sky they do stress when a discount deal will end at the time you accept it. They know that most will forget so if you do get another offer put it on the calendar.

I cancelled at 5pm today and there is already a 50% off (tv package) offer invite in my inbox.
Original Poster
kipster

To be fair to Sky they do stress when a discount deal will end at the … To be fair to Sky they do stress when a discount deal will end at the time you accept it. They know that most will forget so if you do get another offer put it on the calendar.I cancelled at 5pm today and there is already a 50% off (tv package) offer invite in my inbox.

That's why im peeved off the most, they hope u don't realise
richje100

That's why im peeved off the most, they hope u don't realise

You are kidding, you want a company who gave you a discount to text you when your deal comes to an end, come on its your responsibility just put it on your calendar 31 dates before it's due and ring them up they can't make it any easier for you.
Original Poster
Talk talk do, I get an email a week or so before my bill is due
richje100

Talk talk do, I get an email a week or so before my bill is due

​talk talk don't notify you when your contract is about to expire nor do they notify you that your discounts are about to finish. However yes they do alert you with an email to tell you when your next bill is due and for how much but I assume that's the same for all companies.
Original Poster
Sorry that's what I meant, each month I get email before my bill so o know if it's gone up.
richje100

Sorry that's what I meant, each month I get email before my bill so o … Sorry that's what I meant, each month I get email before my bill so o know if it's gone up.

you can enable that on the sky website
I'm thinking of cancelling sky has anyone been given any offers for SkyQ yet or are they all still for normal sky?
Original Poster
Ok, re done Sky this morning.
Looked up a thread for Sky retention deals on here, thanks bo84gle for the heads up.
Got it for £28 pm with multi room and £100 account credit, also not tied in to a contract just need to give 30 days notice.
This is £5 less than I paid previously but no bill for 3mths. Would have been £18 of not had multi room. Go and have a live chat, speaking to detentions dept was useless
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants