Groups
    EXPIRED

sky scanner info

Banned
    IV booked a holiday from sky scanner, go to gate.
    IV received my travel documents and printed them off. just 2 sheets of the flight info and ticket number.

should they also give boarding pass ??

first time I'm NOT using a travel agent so be gentle.

23 Comments

What airline?

Usually the ppwk u printed off will be your e-ticket and you get your boarding pass at the airport.

You need to check in at the airline's website (or at the airport), using the 6-character booking reference that Go to Gate gives you.

At the airport, when your checking in then they give u the boarding pass there

is it pia???

I don't think you will be allowed through security to the gate without a boarding pass.
    Therefore you are either missing some paperwork or you will need to check in at the airport and get a boarding pass there. As others have asked, some airlines no longer have a physical check-in (or discourage it's used by making it more expensive to check-in at he airport itself), so if you let us know the airline we might be able to help more.

Usually need to check in online 24-48 hours prior to flight to be able to print off a boarding pass.

Sky scanners are just like a travel agents, use the airline booking number they will give you to check in online with the airline. Depending on their airline you might be able to choose seats before you check in.

Original Poster Banned

omarmahmood

is it pia???

​turkish airlines.

Original Poster Banned

rickla

I don't think you will be allowed through security to the gate without a … I don't think you will be allowed through security to the gate without a boarding pass.Therefore you are either missing some paperwork or you will need to check in at the airport and get a boarding pass there. As others have asked, some airlines no longer have a physical check-in (or discourage it's used by making it more expensive to check-in at he airport itself), so if you let us know the airline we might be able to help more.

​thanks. i feel so hopeless.
    im off to Istanbul , direct Turkish flight .

Depends which airline you are travelling with, and also the departure date . Also for example with Ryanair you can check in online and print your boarding passes at different times depending on wether you have paid to choose seats or not. Let us know which airline and when you fly , then you will get definitive advice.

sofiasar

​thanks. i feel so hopeless. im off to Istanbul , direct Turkish flight .

Follow the link and check in online

turkishairlines.com/en-…-in

You can't be issued with a boarding pass until you check in, it's the same process whoever you book your ticket with.......

Original Poster Banned

eslick

Follow the link and check in online … Follow the link and check in online :)http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-information/frequently-asked-questions/travel-information/online-check-in

​thanks. so it's too early to reserve the seats
    I'm off in summer school holidays

sofiasar

​thanks. so it's too early to reserve the seats I'm off in summer s … ​thanks. so it's too early to reserve the seats I'm off in summer school holidays

​Its 4-5 months away!!!!! I'm sure you can go to T.A website & select your seats / dietary requirements even if you can't check in & print boarding pass yet
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 12th Mar

Have a read of Turkish Airlines website specifically about online check in.

turkishairlines.com/en-…-in

From 24 hours before you will be able to log in and checkin online. Once you've checked in, you are allocated your seat and a boarding pass is issued. You can print this at home.

If you have your 6 digit flight reference (PNR) you may be able to log in to Turkish and select a seat now although some seats are chargeable. Details on seat selection are here turkishairlines.com/en-…ion

Original Poster Banned

windym

Have a read of Turkish Airlines website specifically about online check … Have a read of Turkish Airlines website specifically about online check in.http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-information/frequently-asked-questions/travel-information/online-check-inFrom 24 hours before you will be able to log in and checkin online. Once you've checked in, you are allocated your seat and a boarding pass is issued. You can print this at home.If you have your 6 digit flight reference (PNR) you may be able to log in to Turkish and select a seat now although some seats are chargeable. Details on seat selection are here http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/online-services/seat-selection

​yes IV read it. i initially got worried when someone mentioned boarding pass but I'm going in august so it's early.
    IV tried to reserve seats and it won't recognise the ticket number. i have kids with me so i do prefer to allocate the seats next to us

sofiasar

​yes IV read it. i initially got worried when someone mentioned boarding p … ​yes IV read it. i initially got worried when someone mentioned boarding pass but I'm going in august so it's early. IV tried to reserve seats and it won't recognise the ticket number. i have kids with me so i do prefer to allocate the seats next to us

​1st thing. Use your 6 digit booking reference & the surname of who made the booking to claim your seats next to each other to avoid sitting separately & also book your food choices by going to Turkish airlines site
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 13th Mar

sofiasar

​thanks. so it's too early to reserve the seats I'm off in summer s … ​thanks. so it's too early to reserve the seats I'm off in summer school holidays

ok u travelling after me then I'm using Turkish Airlines booked via Skyscanner-traveltrolley. I think it won't allow me to choose seats I haven't printed off anything yet as it just says I just need show my name they haven't even asked for passport details just the name I have gone onto Turkish Airlines and it show the e-ticket there but when I tried to choose a seat it says all seats are fully booked I'm confused also. and there's something about untickted passengers not being able choose a seat before hand so not sure I will be back in may going April will let u know what the situation is if u remind me.​

Original Poster Banned

MynameisM

ok u travelling after me then I'm using Turkish Airlines booked via … ok u travelling after me then I'm using Turkish Airlines booked via Skyscanner-traveltrolley. I think it won't allow me to choose seats I haven't printed off anything yet as it just says I just need show my name they haven't even asked for passport details just the name I have gone onto Turkish Airlines and it show the e-ticket there but when I tried to choose a seat it says all seats are fully booked I'm confused also. and there's something about untickted passengers not being able choose a seat before hand so not sure I will be back in may going April will let u know what the situation is if u remind me.​

​thanks. are you off to instanbul?
    keep me updated x

sofiasar

​thanks. are you off to instanbul? keep me updated x

​going pakistan via Istanbul regret not having a stop over know wonder how much it costs if I add it know.

MynameisM

​going pakistan via Istanbul regret not having a stop over know wonder h … ​going pakistan via Istanbul regret not having a stop over know wonder how much it costs if I add it know.

​Id stay in Istanbul personally

sofiasar

​yes IV read it. i initially got worried when someone mentioned boarding p … ​yes IV read it. i initially got worried when someone mentioned boarding pass but I'm going in august so it's early. IV tried to reserve seats and it won't recognise the ticket number. i have kids with me so i do prefer to allocate the seats next to us

​If booking Ref doesn't work, try 6 digit 'Airline Ref'....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions