Found 12th Jun
I recently went back on the sky after a few years, the box downstairs has no problems, but we also re-activated the multi room, when we first turned it in it wasn't getting a satellite signal so I unscrewed the wires and put them in again after trying turning it off and stuff. We then got a signal. I went out for the weekend, came back on the Sunday and the signal was gone again, so I did the same, unscrewed the wire a bit and eventually got the signal again. Went to bed last night, woke up this morning and the signal had gone again. Used the same technique and got it back. Any ideas what the problem could be?

1. Ask
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Sky
12 Comments

Probably a fault with the box.

Original Poster

Thanks, yeah pain in the ass as well only bought the box the other year for like £120 one of the 3tb ones

get one off ebay

I had a similar issue, It wasn't the box, It was a faulty lnb.

Have you checked the connectors on the ends of the cables are attached to the cables properly
Edited by: "jco83" 12th Jun

Original Poster

shauneco

I had a similar issue, It wasn't the box, It was a faulty lnb.

What's the inb sorry?

Original Poster

jco83

Have you checked the connectors on the ends of the cables are attached to … Have you checked the connectors on the ends of the cables are attached to the cables properly

I think they are but I'm not too sure, strange how it goes off without any movement, over night which makes me think it may be the box

Original Poster

It's a pain how you have to pay for someone to come out and take a look, £60 as well ffs

Try the other Sky box in that room and that will tell you if it's the box or the cabling that is faulty

Swap the boxes over and see if it does it on the other one .

Seancousins

What's the inb sorry?

LNB
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41LbeF3Kg8L._SY355_.jpg

It's what is attached to the dishhttp://www.systemsat.co.uk/user/products/large/zone_2_with_quad.jpg

Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Jun

I agree swap the boxes, either way whatever the fault is phone SKY and tell them that you'll be cancelling the multiroom as something isn't working, they'll try and get you to pay for the engineer, insist on cancelling and see if you can get the engineer for free. Been with SKY for years and never once paid for an engineer visit.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951383
    2. And you think you are having a bad day?44
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…60124
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769672

See more discussions