Groups

Sky Signal Problems

Has anybody managed to resolve problems with receiving a sky signal where they live in an area with lots of trees. It's not too bad in Winter but once the trees start getting their leaves and there is a little breeze he signal just goes . The same is with really heavy rain.

Our dish was put on the side of the house and it may work if the dish was attached to the chimney on the roof. What are the chances of Sky doing this or should I just transfer to Virgin?

Any thoughts very welcome.

7 Comments

We are having exactley the same problem, my husband was thinking of moving the dish himself, but would be good if sky would.we dont think they would tho.

Banned

http://www.themorningstarr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/chainsaw.jpg

Or get Sky to move it. They'll charge you though.

If you are losing signal in heavy rain, your dish needs re-aligning.

If it is no better, it needs to be moved, Sky will charge for this service.

Inactive;8725132

If you are losing signal in heavy rain, your dish needs re-aligning.If it … If you are losing signal in heavy rain, your dish needs re-aligning.If it is no better, it needs to be moved, Sky will charge for this service.

Sometimes they don't if there's been a bad signal from the start.

There easy to move , you just need a compass and a cheap meter . I 've fitted loads of them . Please note : if your using a Zone 1 [43cm] dish you wont be getting the best signal in any case . Zone 1 is meant for southern england , if you live in the north and northern ireland you need a zone 2 [63cm]. I could have got away with a Zone 1 where Iive but opted for the bigger dish , put it up myself on the front of the house and get a great signal . Mind you , theres nowt in front of my property in terms of trees or houses . Check to see if you can heighten the dish or put it on another wall away from the trees ,remember it still has to point in the same direction :28.2* East to get the signal .The bigger dish will pull in a stronger signal .

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I think I will see what sky say and how much they will charge as I do like their service. However if rediculos then of to virgin.

I have had the problem for over 3 years but as the dish was actually put up in Feb/March we did not notice the interference problems as the trees did not have leaves on.

Original Poster

Update: Sky sent another engineer who raised the dish with a pole extension ... still get some disruption in very bad weather but at least most of the time it is fine and some channels are back. This was done for free when we called to cancel.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions