Sky-some technical advice please

9 replies
Found 16th May 2009
I'm just looking for a wee bit of advice. We got Sky HD installed recently (dead chuffed with it) and moved the Sky + box through into the bedroom. So there are 4 leads coming out of the LNB (or whatever it's called) at the dish.

We've got a tv in the spare room for the wii & the kids but quite fance putting just a standard sky box in there to get the free channels. (Not in an area where we can get freeview.)

We would apparently need to get an octo LNB (?) for the dish but we're a bit concerned that it may reduce the quality of the viewing that we get. Does anyone know if this is the case or not and if sky would have to be notified?

Rep added for all good advice - cheers.

9 Comments

No, it will not affect the picture quality at all. I have the same set-up in my house.

Does'nt affect it at all.

Original Poster

Is it easy to change over ourselves. Noticed you can get them relatively cheaply on fleabay

Doesn't effect it at all and you would only need to notify Sky if you were wanting to get Multiroom or Freesat for the box

Original Poster

Robotochan;5231087

Doesn't effect it at all and you would only need to notify Sky if you … Doesn't effect it at all and you would only need to notify Sky if you were wanting to get Multiroom or Freesat for the box

So would be get all the free channels automatically?

tinkers;5231138

So would be get all the free channels automatically?

It would get Free To Air channels but not Free To View so you'd be missing a couple of channels, best way to see what you'll get is if you take your card out one of your boxes :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Robotochan;5231195

It would get Free To Air channels but not Free To View so you'd be … It would get Free To Air channels but not Free To View so you'd be missing a couple of channels, best way to see what you'll get is if you take your card out one of your boxes :thumbsup:

Hey clever thinking.

not a sat man mesel but i thought it was one lnb per channel/mux or do they need 2?

No need to notify Sky, the dish etc. is yours from day one.

Just make sure that any connections to the LNB are waterproof.

New LNB's usually come with waterproof sleeves.

Good luck.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition46377
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions