Sky Soundbox

Found 10th Dec 2017
Is this a great piece of kit? Thinking of investing whilst its on special offer for Sky customers
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Interested to see what others have to say about this, is it as good as it’s made out to be.

To me the discounted price of £249 feels about the right price tag. The normal price is a joke really I feel, as at £799 you can get a Dolby Atmos sound bar.
The £800 RRP is the trick that all fashion retailers deploy (£800 RRP, reduced to £180, for example. I am not a Sky customer but has an old Sky box (made by Panasonic).

I just bought and would recommend Q Acoustics M2 as an alternative at £290 (normal price everywhere) with Quidco/TCP.
Q Acoustics M2 has 2017 What Hi-fi Award, it has no DSP to expand the sound virtually, just simple honest soundwaves for any genre of music.

My recommendation is that if you are into mainly movies, vocals and dialogue drama , go for Sky Soundbase. On the other hand, if you want to use it as a Bluetooth mono-speaker (a bit wider sound as it has twinned drivers) and listen to a wide range of music from vocal to orchestral then go for Q Acoustics M2 since the M2 has a tighter control on the base. N.B. Q Acoustics M2 has Bluetooth aptX (plus NFC), I could not find this feature in the Sky Soundbox.
Note too that you need an aptX capable device.
You can check you individual device's specification, say, for my devices the Samsung tab S2 8.0" supports the aptX audio codec, and also use this search tool on Aptx.com for your device.
Edited by: "splender" 10th Dec 2017
Techmoan has a decent review on Youtube, seems it doesn't really integrate well with Q or certain TV's.

freakstyler2 h, 56 m ago

Techmoan has a decent review on Youtube, seems it doesn't really integrate …Techmoan has a decent review on Youtube, seems it doesn't really integrate well with Q or certain TV's.[Video]

I was just about to post a link to this video!

Techmoan is a fantastic YouTuber. Seriously considering donating to him on Patreon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants