Groups
    EXPIRED

sky sports app from iphone to hdmi tv-will it work?

hey all

if i connect the iphone 4 to the hdmi connected tv, will the sky sports app work on the big screen? my brother pays £5 a month for the sky sports app but its on the hpone screen so not ideal to watch for several people..LOL

so i see you can buy adaptors which can connect the iphone 4 to hdmi tvs...so before i buy the adaptor, just wanted to know whether apps like sky sports would show full screen on the tv when connected..

anyone know?confirm?

thanks

5 Comments

It won't work as they have blocked HDMI out from the handset to prevent people from cancelling home subscription and pushing content out from the phone.

sterlingdeal

It won't work as they have blocked HDMI out from the handset to prevent … It won't work as they have blocked HDMI out from the handset to prevent people from cancelling home subscription and pushing content out from the phone.

.....and BOOOM there it is OP, sterling's knocked it out of the park...
    for what its worth, i'm about to cancel sky, as I can longer justify £84.5/month to them.
    Yes I know I'm an...'3'...thats @rse by the way

From Sky

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum, I understand your query is relating to video mirroring from the Sky Go iOS app onto a TV. I'm afraid we do not support this hence why you don't get a picture and there are no plans to introduce support for output onto another screen or TV. This restriction is in place due to our licensing agreements with the Content Providers and Studios.

Original Poster

well thats boo hoo!!

appreciated for the help guys.

i'll just have to fire up the laptop.

whats the charge wire connection calld for most android phones? not the usb end but the other end. looking for a cable that will allow mirroring from my android phone to the tv.

EN1GMA

well thats boo hoo!!i'll just have to fire up the laptop. .

Think its now blocked on laptops as well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gutters, painting22
      2. Advice on Gas Boiler Cover, British Gas putting price up!44
      3. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).55
      4. Anyone been to Nerja, Spain on holiday?47

See more discussions