Posted 7th Dec 2021 (Posted 4 h, 1 m ago)
Hi everyone,
My dad has suggested he’d like a Sky Sports subscription for a few months/a year as a Christmas present.
He’s got bog standard freeview TV.

Is my only option a £33.99 per month NowTV payment? Are there any other options out there?

TIA
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
9 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Not worth getting him a fire stick and IPTV?
    Edited by: "Toon_army" 3 h, 56 m ago
  2. Avatar
    👆 This
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Toon_army07/12/2021 17:55

Not worth getting him a fire stick and IPTV?

Don’t have a clue about these things so thought I’d ask and then do my research!
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into it.
  4. Avatar
    lzzwzz07/12/2021 18:05

Don’t have a clue about these things so thought I’d ask and then do my res …Don’t have a clue about these things so thought I’d ask and then do my research!Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into it.

It's not exactly a legit way of doing it though. From doing exactly this for someone the best way of doing it is to change broadband to Now Broadband and getting Sky Sports for £20/month that way. It's £39.99 for 63mb/s fibre and Sky Sports for my mate - pretty good to have access to it everywhere too rather than just on your own TV at home. Can chromecast NowTV too if your dad knows how to do that!
    Edited by: "tomwatts" 3 h, 36 m ago
  5. Avatar
    Author
    tomwatts07/12/2021 18:10

It's not exactly a legit way of doing it though. From doing exactly this …It's not exactly a legit way of doing it though. From doing exactly this for someone the best way of doing it is to change broadband to Now Broadband and getting Sky Sports for £20/month that way. It's £39.99 for 63mb/s fibre and Sky Sports for my mate - pretty good to have access to it everywhere too rather than just on your own TV at home. Can chromecast NowTV too if your dad knows how to do that!

Had a very quick look, it’s not legit is it . Might be ok for someone techy minded but definitely need an easy option for my dad.
  6. Avatar
    IPTV is a great option for some people, but I do think it's worth pointing out that it is illegal pirating, and in my experience could do with someone who knows what they're doing with it a little bit at least.
    It was also quite temperamental from my experience, but I guess that will vary depending on your Internet connection speeds, and how reliable the IPTV service you use is.

I'd say the best option is using a Sky Go account, but you'd obviously need someone who had Sky who didn't mind sharing their details/ account.
  7. Avatar
    if you only need it for a few months, can you buy a few NowTV one month subs from eBay?

I’m sure this is a thing, if I get one in my inbox, I’ll send it your way
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Mendoza07/12/2021 18:53

if you only need it for a few months, can you buy a few NowTV one month …if you only need it for a few months, can you buy a few NowTV one month subs from eBay?I’m sure this is a thing, if I get one in my inbox, I’ll send it your way

Ah that is really kind of you, thanks.
    I’ve definitely done the same a few years ago, I’ll keep an eye out.

beentheredomthat07/12/2021 18:17

IPTV is a great option for some people, but I do think it's worth pointing …IPTV is a great option for some people, but I do think it's worth pointing out that it is illegal pirating, and in my experience could do with someone who knows what they're doing with it a little bit at least.It was also quite temperamental from my experience, but I guess that will vary depending on your Internet connection speeds, and how reliable the IPTV service you use is.I'd say the best option is using a Sky Go account, but you'd obviously need someone who had Sky who didn't mind sharing their details/ account.

Having looked into it, this isn’t the best option for us.
    Don’t know anyone with Sky Sports on Via Sky TV unfortunately.
    Edited by: "lzzwzz" 2 h, 37 m ago
  9. Avatar
    lzzwzz07/12/2021 19:12

Ah that is really kind of you, thanks.I’ve definitely done the same a few y …Ah that is really kind of you, thanks.I’ve definitely done the same a few years ago, I’ll keep an eye out.Having looked into it, this isn’t the best option for us.Don’t know anyone with Sky Sports on Via Sky TV unfortunately.

There's various emails flying about with Now TV sky sports offers including £20 for 4 months. Offer ends 23.59pm on 12 December.

You can message me if you want the code they sent me.
    Edited by: "Ashbeck" 50 s ago
Post a comment
Top Merchants