Sky Sports on iPad

Found 3rd Apr 2012
I've recently bought an iPad and was aware of an app that allowed me to watch Sky on my iPad, for a monthly fee, without having an original Sky subscription.

Anyone know what it's called and if it's even still available?
Community Updates
16 Comments
Is it not £9.99 after initial period?
Original Poster
The second link from jjumbo1 was what I was looking for. Thanks for that.

Does anyone know what channels I'd get for my £9.99 a month with me being a non-tv subscriber?
Sports 1,2,3,4 news, sports news, at the races espn and f1?

Hang on that's just the iphone version, there's a different one for ipad isnt there?
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sky-sports-for-ipad/id477140057?mt=8

Non Sky TV Customers:

Other users can purchase an auto-renewing monthly subscription to Sky Sports for iPad (this will not include access to Sky Sports 1-4 and Sky Sports F1). Please note:

•A subscription costs £4.99 per month
That's cheap?!
•Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
•The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
•Your Account will be charged £4.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
•Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
•No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Sky Sports News is the only live channel this subscription will give you access to using the app.
• To get sky sports 1 to 4 and the F1 channel via your iPhone, then please go and download our sky sports tv application.

roadrunner1

Sports 1,2,3,4 news, sports news, at the races espn and f1?

Yeah that's what you get on iPhone.

Also note the app locks to device and not to account logged in as. If you change iOS devices you have to email sky with your new device no. - That's what I had to do when I went from a 3gs to a 4.

Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 3rd Apr 2012
darkblueblood

The second link from jjumbo1 was what I was looking for. Thanks for … The second link from jjumbo1 was what I was looking for. Thanks for that.Does anyone know what channels I'd get for my £9.99 a month with me being a non-tv subscriber?

If you know anybody with sky,ask for their sky I'd and password ,,,simples,..
daysleeper268

If you know anybody with sky,ask for their sky I'd and password … If you know anybody with sky,ask for their sky I'd and password ,,,simples,..

yes that would work fine but only 2 devices can be registered to an account at any one time!
Sky Sports News is the only live channel this subscription will give you access to using the app.

I looked into this before you cant get sky sports package on ipad for £4.99 a month without a subscription
Original Poster
numptyj

Sky Sports News is the only live channel this subscription will give you … Sky Sports News is the only live channel this subscription will give you access to using the app. I looked into this before you cant get sky sports package on ipad for £4.99 a month without a subscription

Can you get it all then? Or must you have a subscription?
well from what I understood you couldnt get access to sky sports without a sub. £4.99 a month for SSN makes sense...no way they would give away a whole sports package for £4.99 a month on ipad when you could just buy the HDMI lead for ipad and then have sky sports on your tv.
numptyj

well from what I understood you couldnt get access to sky sports without … well from what I understood you couldnt get access to sky sports without a sub. £4.99 a month for SSN makes sense...no way they would give away a whole sports package for £4.99 a month on ipad when you could just buy the HDMI lead for ipad and then have sky sports on your tv.

Well normal price is £9.99.

You think they charge £9.99 for ssn only ?

Shame no AirPlay
roadrunner1

Well normal price is £9.99. You think they charge £9.99 for ssn only ?

When I looked into this before the ipad sky sports app was £34.99 a month, so I opted to go the route of:
iPhone 4 + + Subscritpion + Digital av out (hdmi) to my TV, must be jailbroken. Outputs in SD to TV but very watchable.

Would make it a steal at anthing under £20 a month as second hand ipads as low as £180.
numptyj

well from what I understood you couldnt get access to sky sports without … well from what I understood you couldnt get access to sky sports without a sub. £4.99 a month for SSN makes sense...no way they would give away a whole sports package for £4.99 a month on ipad when you could just buy the HDMI lead for ipad and then have sky sports on your tv.

You cant hook it up to TV with a HDMI cable, they have a way of blocking that!
benjyyy

You cant hook it up to TV with a HDMI cable, they have a way of blocking … You cant hook it up to TV with a HDMI cable, they have a way of blocking that!

Yes you can..jailbreak, go to cydia and try:
Xcon (to prevent jailbroken devices being blocked by some apps)
TVOut2 (yellow icon) - outputs directly to TV, perfect for outputting video, audio and games.

You need to have the source "modmyi" added in cydia.

Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 3rd Apr 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants