sky sports on TalkTalk box without aerial

Found 29th Jul 2017
hi I wanred to know can you acess sky sports boost channels on TalkTalk youview box without a need of a aerial, I know that you need it for the other main channels
Community Updates
8 Comments
cos that channel comes through the internet?
Boosts are delivered to the TT YV box via the net. It is unlikely TT has configured its system to check for the presence of a FV signal before serving the boost. For info: minimum required BB speed at the YV box to receive a boost service is 5Mbps.
The sky boosts come over the the internet to the YouView box.

1) if your YouView box doesn't have WiFi built in, you'll need to connect your YouView box to your router with an Ethernet cable. If your router is in another room, you can use an Ethernet Home Plug e.g this one. Or this one

2a) If you've already signed up online to a contract containing talktalk's sky sports boost, you can watch it straight away on channels 402 to 407.

2b) If you just want to subscribe one month at a time, you can activate or cancel boosts on the YouView box by doing the following: Press the 'y' (YouView) button on the remote. Go to the full 'More TV' page, then select 'TV Boosts'. Select the boost you want and then click subscribe. You should be asked for a pin code (which may be the last 4 digits of your landline number).
Edited by: "Cooltide" 29th Jul 2017
Yes, boosts, Netflix, BBC iplayer all come over the broadband and will work without an aerial.

The free view channels are delivered over the aerial so it's those you won't get, also itv hub and 4od, or whatever it's called now need to see an aerial, despite them being delivered over broadband too.
I called talktalk and they said you need an aerial first to set up the boost channels after there is no need
Buy an indoor arial to set things up
hishaq

I called talktalk and they said you need an aerial first to set up the … I called talktalk and they said you need an aerial first to set up the boost channels after there is no need

That's false. Read my post above.
Ed.Winchester2 h, 34 m ago

That's false. Read my post above.

​thanks for your advice I found the sky sports channels and they are working
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants