Groups

SKY Standard boxes are now HD

Had my sky multiroom fitted today.Firstly as my previous post luckily we knew the guy and he left the sky what was linked to my bedroom in.
    Anyway the Standard Sky boxes are now HD boxes. He said its the first time he's seen one so looks like im one of the first to get it.
    Its like a little freeview box,anyone else got one.
    Just thought id let you all know incase you may be able to ring them up and ask for one of the new ones!

27 Comments

wha?

Old news, been like that for at least a year

Been this way for a long long time .

Why would you want a standard box when sky plus is free?.all sky plus boxes are HD now even if you dont take a HD sub so surely that's the way too go if your going multiroom?

quizmaniac

Why would you want a standard box when sky plus is free?.all sky plus … Why would you want a standard box when sky plus is free?.all sky plus boxes are HD now even if you dont take a HD sub so surely that's the way too go if your going multiroom?

are you sure?as i really want to get it on my half price deal. i called them to take them on the offer of half price for 12 months and told em i need a hd box. they told me you would get a sky+ box and you have to pay £15 for it as the half price offer doesnt inc the box. And i spoke to 2 different people both said you would get a sky + box not hd, and quoted me on £99 for hd box or £10.25 sub per mnth and box is free

Edited by: "MR1123" 20th Mar 2011

Original Poster

No my point is.. the standard boxes which you usually get free with the multi room you know the white boxes are now new ones.Little black HD boxes so the standard non hd boxes are being replaced

Does that mean I can get them to swap out my ancient sky+ box for something a bit more modern looking?

Or does the old one have to break down first?

Original Poster

NO........ ITS NOT THE HD SKY + BOX.......... ITS THE BOG STANDARD SKY BOX. They are currently testing the new STANDARD BOX (NOT SKY+) AND I AM ONE OF THE FIRST CUSTOMERS TO GET IT!

Original Poster

http://www.skydigi.tv/images/sky-box-Large.jpg

THE OLD STANDARD BOX

parisp

NO........ ITS NOT THE HD SKY + BOX.......... ITS THE BOG STANDARD SKY … NO........ ITS NOT THE HD SKY + BOX.......... ITS THE BOG STANDARD SKY BOX. They are currently testing the new STANDARD BOX (NOT SKY+) AND I AM ONE OF THE FIRST CUSTOMERS TO GET IT!

Thats cool, so its a standard box (no recording features) with a hdmi socket? Could you take a picture if you have time, would like to get my standard white box replaced soon because its slooow.

Original Poster

http://hcc.techradar.com/files/hcc_content/HD_Box_575.jpg

THIS IS SIMILAR TO THE NEW BOX WHICH I HAVE HAD IN THE KIDS ROOMS.NOTE THEY ARE NOT SKY+ BUT ARE 3D READY.TINY ASWELL

Original Poster

http://www.sky.com/shop/export/sites/www.sky.com/productselection/UK/Prospect/Boxes/images/SKY_STB_HD_DIGI_image.gif_757446936.gif

Love it.. Could see with each reply you was going to shout. You did explain this pretty good in the title I thought..

parisp

THIS IS SIMILAR TO THE NEW BOX WHICH I HAVE HAD IN THE KIDS ROOMS.NOTE … THIS IS SIMILAR TO THE NEW BOX WHICH I HAVE HAD IN THE KIDS ROOMS.NOTE THEY ARE NOT SKY+ BUT ARE 3D READY.TINY ASWELL

Thats a sky terabit box in the pic.

Original Poster

Ha ha... i'm sure i was clear enough.I think the shouting got the point across. I just wanted to share it as the Sky man said its the first time he as seen it and he was impressed as its 3D ready etc..!.

Yeah I read the other day they are selling non Sky+ HD boxes now, seems a little pointless.

Do the Sky+ HD boxes still have issues with SD signals on HDMI? Also how do they handle SD over scart? My normal Sky+ box has been glitching a little bit and I may need to get a new one soon (without HD sub).

Thank you finally got it in my head :), can you rec, pause, rewind live tv etc?

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/image/news/skyhd-box.jpg

The new standard SkyHD box was launched on 16th March.
    The SkyHD box is not a PVR, it has no hard drive so can't record programs. It is given free for new multiroom subcribers only, otherwise £49 plus setup fees apply.The HD pack is still an additional £10.25 per month.

[quote=Bryan839[/quote]
    cheers mate!

Original Poster

Thanks Bryan...Couldnt find the pics or info anywhere! x

parisp

Thanks Bryan...Couldnt find the pics or info anywhere! x

How hard is it to type in sky.com !? lol
    Edited by: "dh058977" 20th Mar 2011

Original Poster

About as hard as you think you are being sarcastic over a computer.

parisp

About as hard as you think you are being sarcastic over a computer.

Awww cant take a joke?! lol
    Oh and FYI you know I would be sarcastic to your face as well right?

Original Poster

dh058977

[quote=parisp]About as hard as you think you are being sarcastic over a … [quote=parisp]About as hard as you think you are being sarcastic over a computer.

oOOOOOOoooo Baddass! Love meet up with you down Stoke!!

parisp

oOOOOOOoooo Baddass! Love meet up with you down Stoke!!

Quoting yourself instead of me and then throwing around a thinly veiled insult makes you look a bit stupid doesnt it! Thanks for the invitation but I have more pressing matters to deal with. Like laughing at people on the internet who cant take a polite joke on a lazy sunday afternoon and blow it way out of proportion! (hint - one of them is you!)

Original Poster

Quoting myself ha ha that was quite funny actually!!! Ok sorry x

Just chill out it's a Sunday! Not everyone is an **** on here you know! Lol x

parisp

Quoting myself ha ha that was quite funny actually!!! Ok sorry x

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230712
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963012
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…35

See more discussions