Sky threatens to shut down Sky News to aid Fox takeover - BBC News

Found 8th Nov 2017Edited by:"m00head"
bbc.co.uk/new…321

Quote:
"Sky has threatened to shut down Sky News if the news channel proves to be an obstacle in Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox bid.

Regulators are investigating the deal amid concerns that Mr Murdoch's media empire could become too powerful.

Sky told the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) that the regulator should not assume "the continued provision" of Sky News.

BBC media editor Amol Rajan said it was a "credible threat".

Fox owns 39% of Sky but wants full control of the satellite broadcaster."

2824150.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Just replace fox news with the onion no one will notice
Wish it was BBC news being shut down instead
13 Comments
Just replace fox news with the onion no one will notice
Its a terrible news channel. Nothing is in depth, extremely limited scope in how it reports.

Its a brain dead news service.
would it be missed, Channel4, BBC and ITN are sufficient surely.
ByeBye Kay Burley. & co.
I saw this earlier and i'm still wondering why they thought anyone would care if it went!
Banned
118luke7 m ago

I take it you have never watched Fox News.

Basically its the News of The World on TV.
Banned
Would love to see Kay Burley signing on at the job centre!
groenleader6 h, 6 m ago

Its a terrible news channel. Nothing is in depth, extremely limited scope …Its a terrible news channel. Nothing is in depth, extremely limited scope in how it reports. Its a brain dead news service.

The BBC is totally politically biassed & too sport oriented on most of their channels.
Kmore2 h, 29 m ago

I take it you have never watched Fox News. Basically its the News of The …I take it you have never watched Fox News. Basically its the News of The World on TV.

But its not fox they are getting rid of
Banned
Segata-Sanshiro3 m ago

But its not fox they are getting rid of

I know. Fox is more important due to its USA coverage in numbers. Its a tabloid news channel but it fits the Murdoch agenda.
landros158 m ago

The BBC is totally politically biassed & too sport oriented on most of …The BBC is totally politically biassed & too sport oriented on most of their channels.

And they’re trying to flog women's sports especially women's football, pretending they’re more popular than the men’s sports.
When it comes to elections sky news does give the best election coverage. Put it this way I would rather sky news than bbc news.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 8th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions