Sky to EE, £50 Early Cancellation Credit

Found 13th Oct 2017
Hello,

I was hoping someone might help me out with something. I am switching from Sky to EE but I'm in contract with Sky until 5th Dec (they normally issue a statment on the 22nd of the previous month, for payment on the 5th)

EE offer a credit if you are charged to leave your current contract early

I've cancelled for the 28th Oct but does anyone know if I would still get billed on the 22nd for 5th Nov to 5th Dec and then get a final bill which I imagine would say I owe nothing. Or will I now just get a final bill after 28th with the cancellation charges.

From the T&Cs it looks as though if it is still going to bill me on the 22nd I won't get the credit? Even though I'm leaving a month and bit early

The £50 Early Cancellation Credit offer is only available to customers
who are in contract with another provider for their broadband and calls
subscription on the date they join EE broadband and paid charges
incurred for leaving early (for example “early termination” or “early
cancellation” charges, does not include standard monthly or outstanding
call charges
)

Any information would be great. I've had a look online but can't seem to find any information on it

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
I’m currently waiting my final bill for origin broadband. I switched to EE a month before the end of my contract. On an email from EE it says once you get your final bill you click the link and attach a copy of the final bill. ( yours will be from sky) then they will credit you up to £50 to pay for the final bill. You still get billed from sky.

It was one of the first emails I received. What’s included in your package or something.
Original Poster
Yeah I seen that on that email. It's the bit that says the bill has to clearly show that you have been charged a cancellation fee. If sky bill me on the 22nd for normally services in advance then I would be paid up to the 5th Dec so shouldn't owe anything. But would have paid for 5 weeks broadband I won't use. Just wondering if when you go into cancellation it stops any billing inside that time. Guess I'll find out soon enough
Original Poster
The £50 Early Cancellation Credit offer is only available to customers who are in contract with another provider for their broadband and calls subscription on the date they join EE broadband and paid charges incurred for leaving early (for example “early termination” or “early cancellation” charges, does not include standard monthly or outstanding call charges)

It makes me think unless Sky bill it as a cancellation I wouldn't get credit. If it's billed as subscription charge before the final bill it wouldn't work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions