Sky TV

Posted 9th Feb
Hi guys,

We currently have the basic package with Sky at £25.99 a month.

I don't know much about Sky myself, but us there anything we can do to save some money or get a better package for the monthly fee?

Thanks for any advice!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Best thing you can do is cancel and see what they offer you to stay. If you're not happy with that then go through with the cancellation and wait for offers to come through the post/email.

I recently got Sky Entertainment, Kids, HD and Boxsets for £20 a month.

Some people can get better, depends on how persistent you are but I was happy with that.
McShane109/02/2020 10:15

Best thing you can do is cancel and see what they offer you to stay. If …Best thing you can do is cancel and see what they offer you to stay. If you're not happy with that then go through with the cancellation and wait for offers to come through the post/email. I recently got Sky Entertainment, Kids, HD and Boxsets for £20 a month.Some people can get better, depends on how persistent you are but I was happy with that.

If we do cancel are there any alternative options?
rawkinrich09/02/2020 10:16

If we do cancel are there any alternative options?

Depends on the channels you watch? A combo of Freeview and Now TV might be a better option?
McShane109/02/2020 10:17

Depends on the channels you watch? A combo of Freeview and Now TV might be …Depends on the channels you watch? A combo of Freeview and Now TV might be a better option?

I'll give it a look thanks
Just ring em , tell them you want cancel , they will ask the reason , just say price , then they will offer you a lower price ... winner , however if you want an exceptional price you have to play the negotiating game 🤛
There TO ME seems very little difference between the basic sky pack and freeview/freesat, I would cancel and try freeview for a while and see if I needed sky at all with the added bonus you should get a better deal once you've actually left
Cancel, use Freeview, and optionally by second month after cancellation you have paid for a quality Humax 1TB multichannel FV recorder with 2yrs warranty and have some change
uk.webuy.com/pro…1ta
I'm sure the basic pack is £22? So cancel, then wait for them to call back.

The retention team has a certain bracket they cannot go past. The win back team normally calls back in 2-4 weeks with larger discounts. However if your only going to stay on basic pack there's probably little wiggle room.
bally1234509/02/2020 12:11

I'm sure the basic pack is £22? So cancel, then wait for them to call …I'm sure the basic pack is £22? So cancel, then wait for them to call back.The retention team has a certain bracket they cannot go past. The win back team normally calls back in 2-4 weeks with larger discounts. However if your only going to stay on basic pack there's probably little wiggle room.

Sky Entertainment (basic pack) is £27 p/m. I've got it for £17 but I've seen in the Sky thread they have gone as low as £13 p/m. All depends if you can wait them out.
Edited by: "McShane1" 9th Feb
Hi,
I've got the sky entertainment pack for 50% off for the last 3 years, when at the end of the contract period, I cancel via phone(possibly app) can't remember, then I just wait, ring a couple of times. I tell them, I don't watch sports, kids record a few programmes and I watch films rarely as busy working so don't want the movie channels.
Then get the half price, can't remember if the offer comes via the app though, might be tricky this year as got sim only x2 with sky, £3 month, unlimited mins/texts 2 gig data
Edited by: "sidhoooooo" 9th Feb
Thanks for the advice guys
I pay £13 for that. I know of others who pay less & get more. Varies. But no way would I pay full. Call to cancel & watch them instantly offer you a deal to stay (don't get taken in by the hard sell on other things like phone, BB, Sum etc)
You could go free view satellite, and just get a nowtv stick and get entertainment voucher for sky channels, and discovery. Usually works out less than £5 a month if vouchers got through cdkeys or amazon etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants