Expired

SKY TV, BLUE SCREEN NO PICTURE BUT HAS SOUND ???

Found 30th Jan 2012
Monring All,

Day off work and for some reason Sky is playing up - i have full sound and can still press the remote to change channels but i only have the sound coming from the tv - the screen is just navy blue.

Have checked the 2 dish input 1 and dish input 2 cable inlets and the cables going in are connected.

Can anyone help please??/

8 Comments

silly question,but is the scart pushed all the way in at the back of the box and the telly?

Just double check all cables are connected securely and you could also unplug the box from the wall and leave it off for a few minutes and then plug it back in which will reset it, have had to do this on a few occasions to mine

Original Poster

Just checked the HDMI and scarts and all cables appear to be pushed in fully, cant understand it.

Try disconnecting the mains plug (the sky box one), leave for about a min, then reconnect + switch the box on after a min or so, should qure the prob.

Original Poster

NFS

Just double check all cables are connected securely and you could also … Just double check all cables are connected securely and you could also unplug the box from the wall and leave it off for a few minutes and then plug it back in which will reset it, have had to do this on a few occasions to mine

Will give it a try in 10 mins.

Well it is sky afterall

Original Poster

Awesome work guys did the trusted old - "turned it off then turned it back on after a minute".......and hey presto !!!!!

Thanks again.

nick1981

Awesome work guys did the trusted old - "turned it off then turned it … Awesome work guys did the trusted old - "turned it off then turned it back on after a minute".......and hey presto !!!!!Thanks again.

Really means... He pushed the scart back in properly to get the picture working (_;)

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.