Expired

Sky TV - Cancelled Contract

Found 11th Jun 2014
Now coming to the end of my 12 month 50% discounted rate with Sky and yesterday cancelled as its within the 31 days cancellation policy.Spoke online with them today and they said they wont be offering anything to stay as i am already on a discounted rate. Can i not just open an account in my wifes name or even one of the kids and be a "new customer" again, or can i get a further discount some other way? Interested to hear your thoughts on this.
Community Updates
AskMobile PhoneSky
10 Comments
yes you can just get wife to sign up and be classed as new customer cant use kids tho
we did the same. Used my name instead of husbands. Dont forget quidco or topcashback if doing it online, they usually have good rates
Original Poster
my problem is my bb and phone are with VM, their broadband is a lot better i found. Guess it will have to be my wife who gets the new account then.
I cancelled my contract with Sky earlier this year and they told me the same. I went through with the cancelation but kept my phone and broadband, within 10 days I got 50% off the TV for 12 months, free broadband and a discount on my phone for 6 months.
It was worth not having the channels for 10 days.
Mine has just run out a week ago, the day it ran out i had a look on my account on the mysky website, and on the homepage was an offer for 50% off (i had just finished a year of 50% off aswell).

I'd say let it run out, then once its run out give it a few days for a phonecall/offer similar to what i had before concidering going in your wifes name

Forgot to add; as i was taking a long time to make my mind up when i spoke to them about the 50% off i was offered, they chucked in a £25 credit on my account aswell, so its worthwhile still being hesitent even with the offer you want!
Edited by: "winifer" 12th Jun 2014
I have had the 50% off for the last 3 years.
When I cancel the contract I just say I cannot afford to pay the full amount as I don’t think it’s worth it.
I say don’t bother ringing me unless you are going to offer the 50% off again.
Seems to have worked so give it a try
I think it is worth standing your ground at least for a couple of weeks to see if they come back to you and then if they dont you can just call them and say you changed your mind. I dont think changing to your wife will help as the equipment is still at the same address. Just my thoughts as I am still on my deal!
same here they wouldn't offer me anything so I cancelled it all, waited a few weeks then called back and got 60% off instead of the 50% off that I actually wanted, well worth canceling
When do you get this call? Is it when the sky had been terminated or is it within the 31 days out takes for them to turn off the signal?
I cancelled a couple of weeks ago and they offered me 35% off. I declined so they pit through the cancellation request and it will terminate end of September. Had a call back from them about three days later offering free BB and 35% off tv, again I said no.
Was this their final offer?
As I have attached for BT to take over phone BB and TV at the end of this month but I'd rather stay with sky.
Do you think I should expect another call from sky?
When do you get this call? Is it when the sky had been terminated or is it within the 31 days out takes for them to turn off the signal?
I cancelled a couple of weeks ago and they offered me 35% off. I declined so they pit through the cancellation request and it will terminate end of September. Had a call back from them about three days later offering free BB and 35% off tv, again I said no.
Was this their final offer?
As I have attached for BT to take over phone BB and TV at the end of this month but I'd rather stay with sky.
Do you think I should expect another call from sky?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions