Sky TV Contract - £20 admin fee

Posted 4th Feb 2019
Have been looking to renew my contract for Sky TV and they have told me I have to pay a £20 admin fee to lock in the offer. Has anyone else been told about this?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Tell them you want to cancel all services. They'll come back grovelling in a few days with an even better offer.
Well, I've been offered Sports, Cinema, Boxsets, MultiRoom, HD for £59pm, on an 18 month contract with £20 fee. That's £2pm less than previously
No broadband or phone? I was on that package before I got a Q box and was paying £37.
Sorry, broadband is in that as well - no phone
I still think you can get away with not paying the admin fee. Ring cancellations and they can offer better deals or add credit to your account.
I'm currently chatting with someone on the online chat, annoyingly she is pretty illiterate which is bugging me!
Do it over the phone mate, don't bother with the online chat. Ring up and press the options for cancellations. That's the best route.
gingerwarrior132 h, 41 m ago

I'm currently chatting with someone on the online chat, annoyingly she is …I'm currently chatting with someone on the online chat, annoyingly she is pretty illiterate which is bugging me!

Request a URL to the Sky pricelist / tariffguide that identifies any admin (or other) fees.
I worked at a call centre in sky for about a year I left shortly after a year.

The admin fee which is £20 is subjected to the offers you receive i.e £5 off entertainment (so £15 a month) or £4 off packs (so £1 each)

Most of them offers do include a £20 admin fee you can ask them to credit the admin fee but it’s pot luck who you speak to, and in most occasions it’s usually a manager which can apply credit on an account. If the manager is a jobs worth well they are not adding any credit.

Even “winback” inbound and outbound the department I use to work for have offers with an admin fee.

Winback outbound do call you to rejoin once you put in your 30 days notice and can do a decent deal, but 8/10 times you’ll have to pay the £20 admin fee. It’s just something sky introduced to people who want a cheaper tv/broadband package.

Hope that helps?

Quick note: Winback is the department you speak to after retentions so they have the best offers
Winback ?? You sure you worked for sky and not a bookies
I see the latest claims of amazing deals are not supported by pictures of invoices. It tends to make me wonder if the deal is imaginary.
ccnp15 m ago

I see the latest claims of amazing deals are not supported by pictures of …I see the latest claims of amazing deals are not supported by pictures of invoices. It tends to make me wonder if the deal is imaginary.

I know what you mean. This is what I had previously which automatically renewed back in Dec 2017 following an email from Sky. I still grumble with Sky as they don’t give you a heads up that the discount is coming to an end - so my January bill went up to £110!
36992420-jXleu.jpg
I recently cancelled with Sky, spoke to many different people in retention and winback, it is next to impossible to get this admin fee waived.
The difficulty with the Admin Fee is that it can't be one rule for someone and a different rule for another person.

I acknowledge it just shouldn't be there, but it is. And it's unfair that someone who doesn't moan pays it while someone who tries to kick up a fuss doesn't, and for this reason, you will find that staff will not budge. You want the deal, you pay the Admin Fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants