Sky tv cooling of period

Posted 2nd Nov
I have been on live chat and they are not very knowledgeable of their own policy all saying different things.

I am thinking about getting sky tv. If I cancelled within the cooling off period would I have to pay my first months bill? Would I get my one off £20 fee back?
Do I have to pay call out fee for them to remove dish and sky box?
Would I get pro rata charge for time used services?

If anyone knows please let me know

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
You are liable to pay the installation charge, as they install the equipment, but you wouldnt need to pay package charges.
I once cancelled Sky a week after it was installed due to not being able to hear the telly for the noisy sky box ( it was a few years back). Didn't pay any charges and they left the dish but collected the box.
Do you really need Sky, as someone who is running down their contract I would think carefully before you subscribe...
Obligations will be stated in the t&c at time of sign-up. In pre-sales calls just ask the Sky CS to reference the applicable para when they spout whatever item you request clarification about, then crosscheck to the current (at time of this post) t&c identified as June 2019 datestamped 07:54:23 on 17 May 2019 (archive here). A quick summary of t&c scan-read from pg19 suggests you would only be charged for whatever sub service you used until notification of cooling off; you are responsible to fund return of equipment; plus "...you will no longer be eligible for that discount and will be required to pay Sky the difference between the discounted price and the full standard price for the Equipment and/or set-up services...". There is no stated option "for them to remove dish" so you may simply have to pay for it, or maybe commission a 3rd party to remove the dish & ancilliaries for you, then for you to fund return. If in doubt, just ask Sky the question and again ask the CS jockey to reference the t&c para.
If the CS jockeys don't appear to have a clue and you are not confident on implementing a reasonable interpretation of the t&c, just walk away.
Craig201802/11/2019 15:47

Do you really need Sky, as someone who is running down their contract I …Do you really need Sky, as someone who is running down their contract I would think carefully before you subscribe...

I would second this. Sky TV is not what it used to be. Your paying a premium for everything to go through their software and hardware combination.
360finder02/11/2019 16:48

I would second this. Sky TV is not what it used to be. Your paying a …I would second this. Sky TV is not what it used to be. Your paying a premium for everything to go through their software and hardware combination.

Yeah I have learnt this, I am annoyed with myself, for being sucked in a re joiner offer. Seems only ever seem to watch the standard channels. Counting down till the end of June next year when can cancel my contract and re joining Freesat. Watch a lot of Netflix too these days, so really don’t need Sky. And their Sky Cinema channel isn’t as good as it makes out to be. I think a Humax Freesat box is still the best way to go. I haven’t worked out how to get the latest movies when I cancel Sky Cinema next June too. In my opinion streaming has really taken the shine off Sky and I feel that it’s best days are behind it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants