Sky TV - new customer deals

Posted 16th Jan
I’ve had Virgin Media for as long as I can remember but after cancelling my tv with them I’m now looking to get Sky (TV only).

Other than the ‘offers’ on the Sky website, does anyone know of any decent deals?

Ideally I’d like Entertainment, Boxsets, Cinema, Sports, UHD on main screen (so from what I can gather I need to take ‘Multiscreen’), and also the HD pack. Working out almost as expensive as I was previously paying Virgin for the same (including multi room) but with BT Sport included and also their 350 fiber broadband!

I’ve been monitoring the deals on their website for the last couple of months and they seem to change up/down by a few £’s every few days... and the setup fees seem to change from £20-£40 when they feel like it.

There must be some better deals out there for new customers, surely?
Community Updates

Groups

22 Comments
I renewed mine yesterday they gave me entertainment,children’s,box sets and cinema £22
rwf382016/01/2020 15:09

I renewed mine yesterday they gave me entertainment,children’s,box sets a …I renewed mine yesterday they gave me entertainment,children’s,box sets and cinema £22

Renewed as in you were already a Sky customer?
This is kind of what I was getting at... I’ve seen many posts about existing customers getting good deals, yet the ‘new customer’ deals seem very poor.
With Virgin Media it’s always worked the other way around (good new customer deals then ‘average’ renewal deals - after threatening to leave of course).

I’m currently out of contract with TV and really do want Sky, but the deals on their website seem that bad that I’ve resorted to plugging in a TV aerial for the first time in well over over a decade.
Yes but mention these deals when you ring them tell them you know for a fact that people are getting them and see what they say ,I don’t have sky mobile for instance when they mentioned it to me yesterday I said only if they would give me the 3gb unl calls and texts for £4.50 which had been mentioned a couple of weeks ago and they said ok don’t ask don’t get
I’ve just signed up with Sky for TV + Broadband - (not activated yet, still currently with BT) - i get 330+ channels, all HD channels and 69MB/s average speed for £42 month after haggling and he reduced it from £44 (£1 more p/m than i pay BT - £41) — is this a decent offer/deal? Or can i phone back up and haggle a better deal? Reason for switching is Sky Q box and the 200+ extra channels i’ll get from Sky as apposed to BT.
Go on twitter and type sky friends and family. There are employees that give you the staff discount. I pay £19 per month for sky q with kids, entertainment and HD
InsaneNun16/01/2020 15:51

I’ve just signed up with Sky for TV + Broadband - (not activated yet, s …I’ve just signed up with Sky for TV + Broadband - (not activated yet, still currently with BT) - i get 330+ channels, all HD channels and 69MB/s average speed for £42 month after haggling and he reduced it from £44 (£1 more p/m than i pay BT - £41) — is this a decent offer/deal? Or can i phone back up and haggle a better deal? Reason for switching is Sky Q box and the 200+ extra channels i’ll get from Sky as apposed to BT.

What they charging you as a set up fee for the q box
MonkeyMan9016/01/2020 15:53

Go on twitter and type sky friends and family. There are employees that …Go on twitter and type sky friends and family. There are employees that give you the staff discount. I pay £19 per month for sky q with kids, entertainment and HD

That’s not bad I got that plus cinema and box sets £3 extra
cwj382016/01/2020 15:54

What they charging you as a set up fee for the q box

£10 but will be deducted from my first bill as will any other activation costs after he spoke to his manager when i haggled slightly.
MonkeyMan9016/01/2020 15:53

Go on twitter and type sky friends and family. There are employees that …Go on twitter and type sky friends and family. There are employees that give you the staff discount. I pay £19 per month for sky q with kids, entertainment and HD

Just did that and couldn't find any user/Sky employee that are still giving out staff discount. All the codes seem to have been taken/used. If you could ink me to a working one i'd appreciate it.
InsaneNun16/01/2020 17:35

Just did that and couldn't find any user/Sky employee that are still …Just did that and couldn't find any user/Sky employee that are still giving out staff discount. All the codes seem to have been taken/used. If you could ink me to a working one i'd appreciate it.

twitter.com/top…=19
MonkeyMan9016/01/2020 17:40

https://twitter.com/topherhpc/status/1217420001449213953?s=19

Just tweeted the guy but dunno if he has any codes available but worth a try. We'll see. Thanks man.
InsaneNun16/01/2020 17:53

Just tweeted the guy but dunno if he has any codes available but worth a …Just tweeted the guy but dunno if he has any codes available but worth a try. We'll see. Thanks man.

He will reply. Some take longer than others.
Just in case others aren’t aware: if you know someone with Sky, they can send you a referral and you both get a £100 pre-paid MasterCard.
Also if you have a Halifax Ultimate Reward bank account there is a cash back offer of £50 when you pay by Direct Debit.
These are both two good incentives but for me personally, it still works out expensive for the package that I want.
I’ll do as some of you suggest and give them a call to see what they can do for me
Tomarse4916/01/2020 18:18

Just in case others aren’t aware: if you know someone with Sky, they can s …Just in case others aren’t aware: if you know someone with Sky, they can send you a referral and you both get a £100 pre-paid MasterCard. Also if you have a Halifax Ultimate Reward bank account there is a cash back offer of £50 when you pay by Direct Debit. These are both two good incentives but for me personally, it still works out expensive for the package that I want.I’ll do as some of you suggest and give them a call to see what they can do for me

39692520-ZJH2a.jpg
39692520-ZQcq7.jpg
InsaneNun16/01/2020 18:10

Hope so, cheers man.

Hi did you manage to get any code s if so
What deal did you get
MonkeyMan9016/01/2020 17:40

https://twitter.com/topherhpc/status/1217420001449213953?s=19

Hi do you know any others
Thanks
redjamie29/01/2020 12:27

Hi did you manage to get any code s if so What deal did you get

Didn’t manage to get one unfortunately — let me know if you have any luck getting hold of one
InsaneNun29/01/2020 21:15

Didn’t manage to get one unfortunately — let me know if you have any lu …Didn’t manage to get one unfortunately — let me know if you have any luck getting hold of one

Hi I managed to get a code from the name Monkey man 90 leave above
Give her a try was quick to reply
but had to call sky as it would nt go though for some reason after live chat then a phone
I got all Tv For £52 free install £30 credit
Not brilliant but not to bad
Also the discount is off Full price not anything on offer but still got it down a bit for me
Good luck
Edited by: "redjamie" 31st Jan
MonkeyMan9029/01/2020 13:11

https://twitter.com/HannahsMama_/status/1221432472602390530?s=19

Thanks for letting me know about this
Got a code so thanks again
So here’s an update for anyone that’s considering joining Sky and like me, can’t seem to find any decent ‘new customer offers’...

The best way to go about it is to talk to one of the sales people that Sky have in shopping centres - I managed to get:
Entertainment pack, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports (full pack), BT Sport, HD pack, Ultimate On Demand (Boxsets/ 4K Netflix), Kids, 1TB Sky Q box and an additional mini box (with multi room+).
The best online price was coming up at £88/month and a £40 one-off, which was going through their refer a friend deal, giving me and my friend a £75 pre-paid MasterCard (note the £100 deal has ended).

The salesperson in my local shopping Center (Peterborough Queensgate) done me the same package but with BT Sports included for £54/month and a £20 one-off, with the price FIXED for 18 months. He has also included a £75 pre-paid MasterCard for myself.

Given I already pay £12/month for Netflix, it means I’m only really paying £42/month (or £38.94/month if you consider the +£20 one-off and minus the £75 MasterCard).

I can live with that 🏻
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants