sky tv on xbox live

this could be interesting but I've a funny feeling that it'll cost an arm and a leg so like their movie rentals I'll probably be avoiding.

xbox.com/en-…htm

13 Comments

Original Poster

again for the couch potatoes,

xbox.com/en-…htm

well if it includes sky HD it could be interesting

OH MAN - liking the sound of this still got a sky tv account so means i can watch it all in my room - autumns a bit away though so will like to see what they do with it

Loving the sound of this despite having jsut ordered virgin media + hd with setanta

In the case of Sky Sports football content we’re thinking real-time i … In the case of Sky Sports football content we’re thinking real-time interactivity, with mates chatting LIVE about matches, instant results, fixture updates and such. We’ll bring you more news soon.

Might think about cancelling the virgin before it comes - although i could be ****** as they will be cancelling my bt line so i wont have phone - even though im having doubts about virgin as i only jsut found out it only has bbc hd

if you can pay about £3.50 to watch a footy match live ill pay it, but itll never happen itll be for subscribers only, otherwise noone would sub to skysports rip off package

virgin media are rubbish. myself and everyone i know that has had always had problems osing signal being overcharged etc. i went back to sky and will be staying

an interview on another site says the pricing will be very similar to on the current sky player (ie, probably a bit more)

current prices for non sky subscribers are -

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8122/skyplayer.jpg

Think Ill give it a miss thanks, might as well get 'proper' sky for that kind of cash

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;5346035

an interview on another site says the pricing will be very similar to on … an interview on another site says the pricing will be very similar to on the current sky player (ie, probably a bit more)Think Ill give it a miss thanks, might as well get 'proper' sky for that kind of cash

yep heres the link to eurogamer with a little more info,

eurogamer.net/art…cle

Hi Guys and Girls

I Already Watch Sky Player on my X-box 360

basically anything you download on Sky player
can be played on your x-box 360
Latest movies and the last few episodes of series on sky 1

just a bit of fiddling to get it to work

download what you want to watch via sky player
by default it gets downloaded to
go to c:\users\public\public documents\my deliveries\sky prod
on vista

start to play the *.wmv file which has been downloaded, this removes the DRM from the file

then copy the file to another folder which is used by media player

dont know if this is HD as dont have a HD telly yet

Hope this helps guys

Right ive cancelled virgin media before its installed was the easiest thing ever i was on the phone to the customer help people for literally a minute and she said yer thats fien all cancelled you weill get the installation fee back, direct debits back and your phone line will go back to BT - simple - right i now need to contact sky and pretend im my dad and get sky tv back the £50 for £35 as we were offered that when we left and get sky hd and the sky hd + box

http://mos.futurenet.com/techradar/classifications/home-entertainment/tv/images/Sky_xbox/Sky_Home-420-90.jpg

http://mos.futurenet.com/techradar/classifications/home-entertainment/tv/images/Sky_xbox/Sky_LiveTV-420-90.jpg

http://mos.futurenet.com/techradar/classifications/home-entertainment/tv/images/Sky_xbox/Sky_EPG_2-420-90.jpg

http://mos.futurenet.com/techradar/classifications/home-entertainment/tv/images/Sky_xbox/Sky_Sports-420-90.jpg

Banned

dandoc2;5347043

Right ive cancelled virgin media before its installed was the easiest … Right ive cancelled virgin media before its installed was the easiest thing ever i was on the phone to the customer help people for literally a minute and she said yer thats fien all cancelled you weill get the installation fee back, direct debits back and your phone line will go back to BT - simple - right i now need to contact sky and pretend im my dad and get sky tv back the £50 for £35 as we were offered that when we left and get sky hd and the sky hd + box

It wont be that easy Dan.

Virgin..... yes, they said they've cancelled and will give a refund.... makes sure you check. They are notorious for not doing as they've agreed. (As I found out!)

The offer you had would have been via retentions. They are likely to say "sorry we cant give you that offer now". Been there, done that!...... However, you are doing so at the best time, as the annual accounts are about to be done for their shareholders.

how did I miss this post, I'd love to be able to just pay for any program I want to watch including footie on a per program basis.

I only watch
some football games
fringe
dexter

and thats about it, anything else is on freeview anyway.

no way I'm paying £50 a month for 2 series and the odd footie game, is the xbox thing looking like it'll be pay per program or just like a normal sky subscription where you pay monthly?

mind you either way it'll probably be 1,000,000,000 m$ points to watch a game anyhow!

guv;5347100

It wont be that easy Dan.Virgin..... yes, they said they've cancelled and … It wont be that easy Dan.Virgin..... yes, they said they've cancelled and will give a refund.... makes sure you check. They are notorious for not doing as they've agreed. (As I found out!)The offer you had would have been via retentions. They are likely to say "sorry we cant give you that offer now". Been there, done that!...... However, you are doing so at the best time, as the annual accounts are about to be done for their shareholders.

Well im cancelling my direct debit so no probs pay wise - chances are someone will come round for installation tommorow so will turn them away
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523390
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356128
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    4. What an absolute disgrace1942

See more discussions